WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
776 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know this sounds silly...but I can't figure out how to remove these screws? I have a SOA on bracelet and I'd like to remove the bracelet and put on a strap. I can remove the small screw (on the crown side) but I cannot remove the screw on the other side???

Ron

·
Registered
77 Posts
Ron:

The strap is held in place by a tube with internal threads (the other side, as you call it) that is kept from falling out by the small screw which you have already removed. You should be able to push the tube out of the strap, lugs etc. with a small screwdriver, toothpick, pen or similar oblect. Just be careful not to damage (screwdriver) or clog (toothpick) the threads of the tube. Once the tube is out you can insert it through the lugs and new strap and resecure it with the small screw. I'm a bit concerned about the screw loosening, but so far all is well with my recently changed strap. Good luck...

·
Registered
205 Posts
Ron,
You most likely don't have to remove the other screw. They screw into a tube that sides through the hole. However, if you return the screw you removed and tighten it then "break" the other scew that is stuck (probably Lock tite) the try to unscrew simultaneously. Good Luck.
Keith

·
Registered
17,513 Posts
Ron,

It is a tube/screw set-up. Since you have the small screw out, you need to push the tube thru the other side (the other screw you are referring to is actually the tube, which has one side threaded and the other side with a screw head on it, which is part of the tube). I would use a jewelers' screwdriver that is one size up from the one you used to remove the screw. Push it into the hole where the screw was, using light pressure. Once the tube starts to come out the other side, just pull it out with your finger.

·
Registered
140 Posts
I removed mine pretty much like Obie explained. I have two tiny flathead screwdrivers & loosened each screw. Then tilted & jiggled the case til one fell out. I have a small "feeder tool" which look's like a long nail. Ran it thru the lug hole til it pushed the tube thru the other side.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts