WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
749 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,
I have had this thing laying around for quite a few years now, and never really got a solid answer on it. I purchased it with a large lot of other watches, and kinda figured it was just one of those Ukranian Franken watches, but just wasn't sure. I am confident that I will get an answer similar to my suspicions, but just thought to be safe than sorry. Thank you all in advance, I will await my lumps....

·
Registered
10,556 Posts
Some old Russian watches were done like this with the sub dial on the left but wait for others to identify the movement.

·
Registered
18,167 Posts
The case and movement and dial all appear old enough to be real. I suspect it is. But others will know more!

·
Registered
3,819 Posts
Hi there,

the movement is a Lip 39.2, after the number made in the late 30s. And as Lip was one of the companies supporting the start of the Soviet watch industry, this watch is likely authentic (although reminding a bit on Ukraine junk).

Regards, Roland Ranfft

·
Registered
749 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the info Roland and all. I was reserved to the fact that the case was old, the movement looked old, but the fact that was not marked like most of this period was, it had me a little worried. Well, I guess I can continue wearing it for what it is!

·
Registered
7,743 Posts
Thanks for the info Roland and all. I was reserved to the fact that the case was old, the movement looked old, but the fact that was not marked like most of this period was, it had me a little worried. Well, I guess I can continue wearing it for what it is!
And rather special too. Nice result!|>

Reactions: busmatt

·
Registered
13,428 Posts
Surely not 'Franken', surely not 'junk' and indeed a fantastic piece
Just look at that original dial, it is fantastic.

I would have that in my collection any time, and if offered in the bay, I think you would be surprised what it fetched

adam

·
Registered
13,428 Posts
I must say that I wonder, though, about the logic of putting lume on the dial and none on the hands..... :think:

Hartmut Richter
I ofcourse noted that, and expect hands are a replacement. Lume probably fell off and someone replaced with blue steeled hands, that look quite the part.
adam

·
Banned
4,045 Posts
By the look of the centre of the dial, someone has replaced the hands in a slipshod manner.
Maybe the originals were radium, but degenerated with age, thus needing replacement.
Similar B-uhr models have lume hands, no?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts