WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Geezers, newbie to the forum and the GW is my first G-shock. I have destroyed many cheap watches over the years both at work and bummbling about the English countryside, only the H3 Traser and CWC G10 have survived so far. Failing eyesight is going to retire the H3 into my sons eager hands and so I thought I would try to break a habit of a life time and go digital.(and hopefully bomb proof!) So here's the rub, has anyone busted one yet? Do they have weak points? If the Titanium strap takes a dive can it be replaced with a Nato or a Rhino? Whats the time keeping like? (I know its a wave ceptor but its a Japanese-American model, besides I'm a well trained monkey who can press the buttons by myself!) Are there enviroments I should keep it away from? Come to think of it has anyone killed any model G-shock in a interesting way? Whats the worst or funniest? (My appologies if this has been done before) I will keep you updated on my G's destruction Derby.

·
Registered
1,303 Posts
I've long admired the BTJ, it is quite nice looking. the ion coating is a nice advance, it does not scratch easily, but you'll find yourself thinking about it a lot, wondering what will happen IF you knock it.

that reverse display might give you a headache or two long term if your eyes are bad, but, that may be a worthwhile trade-off considering how cool looking the watch is. That said, I'm finding that there are a lot of positives re: reverse displays, they can handle direct sunlight, they don't pick up glare, which really annoys me, and, if big enough, not a big issue in dim light. I find the reverse display on my G304RL to be the best I've had yet, it runs on regular battery, however, and that may mean it is overall brighter than a solar reverse display (I have found this to be the case in my experience).

and the reverse backlight is very cool.

·
Registered
36 Posts
In regards to the NATO straps, you can look into the webbing adaptors that you find of some g shock models with nylon bands. You can find those on countycomm.com under the category mil-shock. They also sell ZULU 4 ring dive bands, which in my opinion wearing both NATO and Rhino, the ZULU's are much much thicker and comfortable.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Freediver and roll2i, Cheers fella's, Ive not had a problem with the display as its quite clear and not to cluttered and I will look into those straps if I can find the proper attachments. All the best.

·
Registered
379 Posts
In regards to the NATO straps, you can look into the webbing adaptors that you find of some g shock models with nylon bands. You can find those on countycomm.com under the category mil-shock. They also sell ZULU 4 ring dive bands, which in my opinion wearing both NATO and Rhino, the ZULU's are much much thicker and comfortable.
AFAIK countycomm.com dont sell internationally you might want to try www.tiktox.com. England based chap.very nice guy. or if you want to go continental you can try at www.broadarrow.net. they have a good selection of straps for sale.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts