WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know if the bracelet on the 116610 can be sized smaller than the bracelet on the 16610?

I currently have a 16610 with bracelet 93250. All my links are removed and the clasp is set to the smallest setting, but it's still a little looser than I'd like.

I also own a DJ 116234 with Jubilee bracelet. All my links are removed and it fits my wrist perfectly.

Any input is appreciated, and suggestions to help with this issue are also welcome.

Thanks!

·
Registered
1,809 Posts
For those owning this model suffering from small wrist syndrome, the only permanent solution is to have one of the links removed. It's an ugly process, but not difficult as it just involves busting apart the link with locking pliers. You can then buy a screw link to replace it should you ever want to sell it with a full compliment of links. You might also try reversing the bracelet from one side of the head to another...some have told stories that it works too.

·
Registered
123 Posts
The length of the newer clasp is considerably larger, if the wrist is not wide enough, it might be uncomfortable to wear and visually unappealing. Best is to see it in person.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
For those owning this model suffering from small wrist syndrome, the only permanent solution is to have one of the links removed. It's an ugly process, but not difficult as it just involves busting apart the link with locking pliers. You can then buy a screw link to replace it should you ever want to sell it with a full compliment of links. You might also try reversing the bracelet from one side of the head to another...some have told stories that it works too.
I was afraid of having to go the "permanent link removal" route -- so much that I'd rather sell the 16610 and purchase the 116610 for a properly sized bracelet without destroying it, but then the trade off is the new larger lugs which just doesn't look proportioned on my wrist. And then there's the larger clasp (which I was unaware of until seeing Vinel's post)... Maybe I'll get a NATO until my mind is made up!

The length of the newer clasp is considerably larger, if the wrist is not wide enough, it might be uncomfortable to wear and visually unappealing. Best is to see it in person.
Thank you for pointing this out as I was unaware of it. I'll have to try it on and take it into consideration.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts