WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
908 Posts
Can this watch be saved? And if so, where do you send it to get fixed? How much do you think it would cost to repair/refinish?

It's a link to a live auction so I deleted it.... It's the forum policy.

Pete

·
Registered
3,023 Posts
Answer to the question is; yes it can be saved and in fact these isn't much to do to save it. Cost... well that depends on who does it. for example, if I bought it I could refinish the case, replace the glass, relum the hands and repaint the bezel myself and replace the movement if necessary. Cost? Nothing. If my brother bought it he would have to send it to someone to do... Cost? Don't know 150 - 200 - 300 bucks?????

Pete

·
Registered
908 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
LOL, thanks Doc! btw what kind of Dr. are you? PhD? MD?

·
Rolex / Tudor
14,596 Posts
Answer to the question is; yes it can be saved and in fact these isn't much to do to save it. Cost... well that depends on who does it. for example, if I bought it I could refinish the case, replace the glass, relum the hands and repaint the bezel myself and replace the movement if necessary. Cost? Nothing. If my brother bought it he would have to send it to someone to do... Cost? Don't know 150 - 200 - 300 bucks?????

Pete
Definitely in need of a Relume. Also, could get pricey if the movement cannot be fixed. ETA Ebauches are fairly difficult to come by these days. I know the ETA 2824s going into the new 3T Sea Anglers were around $120 apiece and they had a heck of a time getting them. That does not include the cost of putting them in and regulating them.

·
Registered
908 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

·
Registered
11,829 Posts
Hadn't seen that one yet.... hmm, I might bid!

;-)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts