WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
G-Shock Mod
14,271 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can Watch Buys service UX or EZM2? E.g. battery change with oil refill?

·
Registered
2,301 Posts
No. I believe all oil filled Sinn watches get serviced back at the mothership. I see this on this page: WatchBuys Sinn Advantage

Please also note that oil-filled quartz Sinn watches must be repaired in Germany (EZM 2, Hydro and UX series). If your watch meets one of these conditions and requires service under warranty, please contact us and we'll provide instructions for shipping the watch to Sinn in Germany.

·
Moderator German Watches Forum
6,126 Posts
Can Watch Buys service UX or EZM2? E.g. battery change with oil refill?
Watchbuys does not service any watches. They refer customers to RGM.
However, the Sinn factory does all the oil filling. I sent mine to the factory,
and it came back looking good.

Thanks,
rationaltime

·
Registered
2,059 Posts
Not only do the hydro watches need to be sent back to Germany, (see my post, my UX is there now) they are handled by a very select commando unit in the Sinn factory. There are only a handful of specialized watchmakers that work on the hydro watches.

·
G-Shock Mod
14,271 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the info.

I was thinking since now that Watchbuys / RGM can refill Ar gas, oil fill would easier to do than that .... :p

·
WatchUSeek Administrator
39,204 Posts
Thanks for the info.

I was thinking since now that Watchbuys / RGM can refill Ar gas, oil fill would easier to do than that .... :p
Gas filling is not very difficult with the approved apparatus and has been delegated out to a few dozen dealers and service centers. Hydro servicing, on the other hand involves some kind of dark arts. Not only does Sinn not trust their service centers, but they don't trust their own Service Manager to handle Hydro technology watches. Apparently Sinns Watchmakers are divided into three departments: manufacture, service, and Hydro (who manufactures and services the UX).

1 - 9 of 9 Posts