WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was asking about watch winders in another post and it got deleted, so I would like to know if Watch winders, specifically wolf watch winders can scratch up your timepieces bracelet when being wound. Also how long do wolf watch winders normally last.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Best watch winder brand? Can winders scratch your bracelet?

I would like to know the best brand of watch winder, I posted before to ask but it got deleted for some reason so I only got a few answers. Also can watch winders scratch up your watch bracelet?

·
Registered
2,982 Posts
Re: Best watch winder brand? Can winders scratch your bracelet?

I have a Wolf winder which has been good so far. A quality winder will not scratch your bracelet.

·
Registered
11,835 Posts

Every winder I've ever used gave up the ghost after ~2 years, even the Wolf that my wife bought for me. Well, actually it still works but it's much too loud now. I sort of wish it would just die.

·
Moderator at Large
53,199 Posts

Orbita
Scatalo del tempo
Rapport
Juvoluxury

·
Registered
2,735 Posts

Every winder I've ever used gave up the ghost after ~2 years, even the Wolf that my wife bought for me. Well, actually it still works but it's much too loud now. I sort of wish it would just die.
That seems like a very poor batting average. Do you switch off the winder module before removing a watch? Not doing so can damage the winder.

·
Registered
11,835 Posts

That seems like a very poor batting average. Do you switch off the winder module before removing a watch? Not doing so can damage the winder.
Yes I do. Luckily, most of my automatic watches now are vintage so I don't keep those running.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
138 Posts
I have a wild double winder and I use it for Omega and Oris. I haven’t noticed any issues since the whole cavity winds with the watch and there seems to be enough clearance also between the band and the inside of the cavity. It is also super quiet and supposed to last a while ...

·
Registered
1,595 Posts
Fair question OP...
I own two Wolf single watch winders... no issues putting my precious babies in for over a year

·
Registered
29,241 Posts
No issues with my previous winders for me either.

·
Moderator at Large
53,199 Posts
I was asking about watch winders in another post and it got deleted, so I would like to know if Watch winders, specifically wolf watch winders can scratch up your timepieces bracelet when being wound. Also how long do wolf watch winders normally last.
None of the winders I own scratches bracelets. None of these is a Wolf, but I am sure this statement is valid for a Wolf as well.

Btw: If your post got deleted there was a reason for doing so (wrong forum).

·
Moderator at Large
53,199 Posts

Two threads merged. One thread should do the trick, don‘t you think!?!

·
Registered
875 Posts
It’s a worthwhile question to ask. I have a couple of Wolf winders and noticed that for some watches with stiffer / less flexible bracelets, if I don’t mount it precisely on the cushion that it sticks out a bit and I wondered if it might not rub the inside of the winder on each rotation eventually causing some abrasion. I take my time to put it on the cushion cautiously and haven’t had a problem.

·
Registered
190 Posts
I have the Chiyoda double motor winder. Watches sit side by side and an independent motor runs each. Very convenient to individually change settings for each. Absolutely no chance of scratching bracelet or any part of watch w that as long as u fasten it in correctly! Ultra quiet too!

·
Registered
216 Posts
I have two Wolf winders, one single the other a triple port. Both perform quietly and continuous for over 6 years now. I haven't noticed any scratches created by the winder unit.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts