WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Open up your safes, vaults and hidey holes and show us your very rarest pieces if you dare. I have a couple of rarities - the one in the pic being the Fleurier made by the Arcadia watch company. This is one of the only 50 ever made, they were never on the open market but only offered to selected customers, so I am pretty lucky to have this one.

Attachments

·
Registered
820 Posts
Great idea, I love unusual and rare pieces! I can’t wait to see what this forum has to offer in terms of extravagance and out of the beaten path watches.

I am adding two of my pieces who are pretty rare, even though forum members here have seen them multiple times.

My Linde Werdelin Oktopus Carbon (limited to 88 pieces), and my Chronoswiss Sirius Artist solid gold (not limited per se, but who has ever seen one in real life?). They probably make only a handful of those every year since they started in 2013 (2014 for this variation).

All the best,
A.

Attachments

·
Registered
15,919 Posts
Pretty mundane aesthetically but one of 26 in the world so pretty rare, at least to me, JLC's homage to it's London Boutique . . .

Attachments

·
Registered
106 Posts
Great idea, I love unusual and rare pieces! I can’t wait to see what this forum has to offer in terms of extravagance and out of the beaten path watches.

I am adding two of my pieces who are pretty rare, even though forum members here have seen them multiple times.

My Linde Werdelin Oktopus Carbon (limited to 88 pieces), and my Chronoswiss Sirius Artist solid gold (not limited per se, but who has ever seen one in real life?). They probably make only a handful of those every year since they started in 2013 (2014 for this variation).

All the best,
A.
Love the octopus case back.

How often do you wear it? Conversations started about it every time?

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

All the best,
A.
Love the Chronoswiss - a very overlooked and underrated brand and considering their quality - good value. I have several including their exquisite Opus.

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Pretty mundane aesthetically but one of 26 in the world so pretty rare, at least to me, JLC's homage to it's London Boutique . . .
Beautiful understated design and unusual colour but works so well. Definitely a keeper.

·
Registered
15,919 Posts

·
Registered
820 Posts
Very nice!

Love the octopus case back.

How often do you wear it? Conversations started about it every time?
I wear it maybe 2 days a week, at the pool, BBQ, and whenever it's sunny and I have short sleeves. It is a conversation starter, but I would still say that 3 out of 4 persons don't even notice it.

Love the Chronoswiss - a very overlooked and underrated brand and considering their quality - good value. I have several including their exquisite Opus.
Thank you! They are a great brand, and I wish them luck for the future. They have an odd positioning between mid tier bold and classy watches, a few entry level pieces, and a few high end ones.

·
Registered
204 Posts
This one is probably my “rarist”, though it is based on a model that is fairly common. 40mm Fifty Fathoms, Ocean Commitment Version III. It and the Tribute to Milspec are the only two modern FF’s that don’t look ridiculous on my 6¼ inch wrist.

JSW2026129-Edit.jpg

And here is the 1151 movement...

JSW2026146-Edit.jpg

- Jared

·
Registered
820 Posts
This one is probably my “rarist”, though it is based on a model that is fairly common. 40mm Fifty Fathoms, Ocean Commitment Version III. It and the Tribute to Milspec are the only two modern FF’s that don’t look ridiculous on my 6¼ inch wrist.

- Jared
Man that’s an awesome BP, congrats! It is arguably my favorite dive watch, and if the prices and availability were not insane it would definitely be next on my list.

What’s the story behind it?

·
Registered
15,919 Posts

- Jared
That's a beauty, wish it were a regular model, here's the 40mm LE I have, doubt I'll see another in the wild, perfect for my small wrist too . . .

Attachments

·
Registered
405 Posts

View attachment 14378989

View attachment 14378993

- Jared
The Blancpains don't get enough love in my opinion. Liking the strap too

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·

View attachment 14378989

View attachment 14378993

- Jared
Beautiful piece. Certainly one of the best divers , ever! I really like the convex shape of the bezel - unique to Blancpain.

·
Registered
127 Posts

View attachment 14378989

View attachment 14378993

- Jared
Beautiful watch mate; looks amazing!

·
Registered
3,193 Posts
I was fortunate enough to be able to verify its provenance from a representative of Minerva before they came under Montblanc; Date of manufacture and by whom. As an inherited piece from my grandfather to my father to me, it is a true heirloom.
I need to double-like your post.

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
Great stuff so far.

I have nothing to offer so I'm just going to lurk here and enjoy the pictures.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts