WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
21 - 36 of 36 Posts

·
Premium Member
Omega Speedmaster Moonwatch "The Mullet"
4,794 Posts
Here are the bands. D is the Rolex.

and I guess chillwill120 gets the prize for guessing two of them :)

A - Alpha
B - Davosa
C - Stührling
D - Rolex
E - Steinhart
F - Parnis
We're you trying to show how obvious the Rolex is in a crowd of clones?

·
Registered
1,699 Posts
I put this together just for fun and thought I'd share :)

There is one Rolex Submariner Date in the mix with various watches that are similar in design with all the branding removed.

View attachment 16358560
Cool idea for a thread. Similar threads could be made for other watches/themes like integrated sports watches, moonphases, etc. I’d make them myself but my photoshop skills are non-existent. Fun to see the watches without the branding.

·
Premium Member
Breitling, Cartier, G-Shock, Rolex (x2), Seiko (x2), Sinn, Tissot (x3)
1,019 Posts
Nice little quiz OP. Glad I was able to spot my watch. Would enjoy more like this.

·
Premium Member
Silicone Valley, California
4,303 Posts
I woulda left them all hanging for a couple months. But that's just me.

·
Registered
6,535 Posts
A is an almost perfect fit for a 5 digit sub except for weak magnification on the cyclops. A common fault to spot some of the cheaper fakes.

Reactions: ffritz

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
A is an almost perfect fit for a 5 digit sub except for weak magnification on the cyclops. A common fault to spot some of the cheaper fakes.
That is the easiest way to spot a "homage" with something like this.

...All others look like homages
Honestly these days, a sub is starting to look like a homage to itself in my eyes...

·
Premium Member
1,769 Posts
Great image. It’s a good way to demonstrate how derivative some designs are.

Derivitive? I'd call it plagarism on the part of the companies. I guess one can't blame them for trying emulate success.

·
Registered
479 Posts
I’m not a Rolex guy and I picked out the Rolex because of the cyclops. Do this with a straight no date Sub and it would be more difficult.

·
Registered
823 Posts
I've only seen Rolex get that cyclops correct, so that's all I was looking for. The SD range would be much harder to spot IMO; in that case I'd have to have a hard look at the crown guards and end links.

·
Registered
10,098 Posts
I’m surprised at how poorly the date wheels are done here. You would they would be the easiest to copy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,134 Posts
I guessed D, but I think the only thing that made this a little hard is that I think this is the latest 126610 model which I'm not too familiar with looking at.

I think the proportions just looked a little weird because I'm more familiar with looking at the 16610 or 116610, and I think the picture makes the bezel look matte.

·
Registered
9,976 Posts
Doen't matter- 6 hideous watches, all with automotive "homage" hand style...

21 - 36 of 36 Posts