WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,645 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I noticed this weird four hander last week in a public space. Took me some time to get how it is working and even some more time to understand what is its purpose.

Did you ever see such a clock?

If not, can you guess what's it for?

Enjoy!

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
Maybe it's just me...I can't see the clock !
Wow !! It just showed up !
Looks like a piece of artwork to me.
But only for a minute...ha !

·
Registered
1,645 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

·
Premium Member
33,346 Posts
That is one interesting time keeping device for sure....

·
Premium Member
3,336 Posts
I don't understand the purpose; I swam on school teams until I was blue in the face but never saw a clock that didn't look like a standard clock.

One thing when you swim on teams, you swim maybe four to six swimmers in a lane and you swim counter-clockwise, down the right side of the lane with the fastest swimmer in front.

Perhaps the colored hands are to signal each swimmer to start on fifteen second intervals, that way, each swimmer looks at their colored hand for the elapsed time.

Seems specious as we typically left on five second intervals and if you were not lead swimmer, it wasn't too hard to figure out your time (perhaps this is in a pool for the mentally challenged).

·
Registered
1 Posts
Following on from earlier posts - it is a pace clock for swimming. Typically people wait for the pointer to hit zero (ie 12 O'clock) then swim a given distance (ie a length of the pool) andcheck the clock to see how long they took. To save having to wait for the pointer to reach zero - for example if it is at 05 - there are four different coloured pointers at 15 second spacing. Then swimmers just have to wait for the *red* (or whichever) pointer to hit zero - so only need wait 15 seconds max. Also useful if four people want to measure pace in a group.

·
Banned
1 Posts
Hi,

I noticed this weird four hander last week in a public space. Took me some time to get how it is working and even some more time to understand what is its purpose.

Did you ever see such a clock ?

If not, can you guess what's it for?

Enjoy!
Maybe it's just me...I can't see the clock !

1 - 13 of 13 Posts