WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

Can you have too many dive watches?

5K views 54 replies 37 participants last post by  Pongster 
#1 ·
How many dive watches do most enthusiasts have in their collection on average? And by how many brands?

#6 · (Edited)
Ive had 8 in my collection at one point. I’m clearing them out right now. I’ve gotten rid of 3 in the past 4 months, trying to get down to 3. I figure a PO, Aquaracer, and Turtle covers all my diver needs. The Samuari is the next to go. I’m starting to find divers to be a little big and clunky, and find myself drawn to more sport GADA type watches.

I could see myself at some point keeping just the PO.

#8 ·
No, you can't have too many. I have only one that is not a dive watch and that's the one I am considering selling. Feel free to count them up via my signature.

#17 ·
Perhaps the SBGH255 qualifies as a high-end diver(?), I'm limiting it to just one in the collection, so if I get something like a YG Sub this will have to go.
View attachment 15502919
thats pretty much as high as it gets - and if you have that, you dont need another - love it

#13 ·
It really depends on the person and how they like to dress at different occasions. I personally own two divers but have a total of 5 watches. I wouldn't wear a diver with a suit so resort to a dress watch. But if you were divers at the office, night out or a formal event, own as many as you like :p

#15 ·
Most of my watches are dive watches, a few are ‘dive-style’ in the sense that one is a micro brand that’s not spending to get them ISO compliant and another lacks a luminous second hand but is 300m water resistant, and its automatic cousin is ISO compliant. Between swimming, paddling, sailing and hitting the surf, plus stream and river crossings while hiking, I’m in the water a lot and appreciate that whatever watch I’m wearing won’t get destroyed. No right answer, it’s a matter of personal preference.

If i could find a speedmaster for a good price, i wouldn’t turn it down.....

#18 ·
I have about 20 divers - but most are low-mid level Citizen Promasters, Seiko Prospex, the odd Rlx Sub, SLA025, Longines 300m heritage chrono etc

These three knights of the Sea are not really High End - but they are top-drawer professional dive tools

Analog watch Watch Watch accessory Strap Fashion accessory

#20 ·
I have about 20 divers - but most are low-mid level Citizen Promasters, Seiko Prospex, the odd Rlx Sub, SLA025, Longines 300m heritage chrono etc

These three knights of the Sea are not really High End - but they are top-drawer professional dive tools

View attachment 15503143
Incredible lineup! Gosh they're so beautiful. My baby quartz thingy says hi! Wishing my Tuna had the iconic cathedral handset is what pushed me to get the GS diver. I'm currently on a search for a new strap for it. Love the look of Tunas on Isofrane, although the stock straps (I've been told silicone) are more comfortable for my wrist.

#23 · (Edited)
@Infinitebezel - As others have mentioned, are you really looking for how many high-end dive watches people have? Because there aren't all that many out there. (Note, for this forum, Omega, Rolex, Breitling, Grand Seiko, etc. are not generally considered high-end.) If you're just looking for divers counts in general, perhaps ask that this thread be moved to the Public Forum.

If you ARE asking about high-end divers, then I don't have any. The most common, well-known ones would probably be the AP Royal Oak Offshore, or the Blancpain Fifty Fathoms.

#31 ·
@Infinitebezel - As others have mentioned, are you really looking for how many high-end dress watches people have? Because there aren't all that many out there. (Note, for this forum, Omega, Rolex, Breitling, Grand Seiko, etc. are not generally considered high-end.) If you're just looking for divers counts in general, perhaps ask that this thread be moved to the Public Forum.

If you ARE asking about high-end divers, then I don't have any. The most common, well-known ones would probably be the AP Royal Oak Offshore, or the Blancpain Fifty Fathoms.
I agree - with the exception that that the Grand Seiko 600 with the beautiful 36000 hi beat mvmnt, costing $13k, is a superior watch to the FF and certainly high end -

#27 ·
If this is a question regarding thoughts on owning multiple HE divers then I’d be limited by how many are available.

FFs, SeaQ, ROO diver, Ressence type 5, UN diver, Marine Royale. Past that a few watches from de Bethune and RM come to mind. Patek, VC, ALS etc don’t make one from memory.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#30 ·
Average? It is hard to say... some collectors only collect Dive watches. Others may not like them at all.

For reference I have over 30 watches.
I have only 1 high end dive watch in Blancpain. And One mid tier in ZRC. 2 entry level divers after that.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.