WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

This watch was passed down to me from my Grandfather and I am interested in finding out when it was made, what material it is made from, possible value, etc...

I cannot open the back as it is not a screw back case, so I can't seem to identify it by a serial number or any other marking. There are no markings on the watch front or back, other than "Bulova" and "Swiss Made". The number markings (12, 3, 6, 9) do not look like any other vintage Bulova I have found, so I think if someone knew these watches well, they might be able to identify based upon these unique number types.

Watch Front 1.jpg
Watch Front 2.jpg
Watch Back.jpg

·
Registered
18,175 Posts
Welcome! In the stickies (articles at the top of the forum page) is an article on how to open pocket watch cases. A picture of the movement (insides) is vital.

This is a modern watch -- 70's to present but how modern will be indicated by the movement. Markings on the inside of the caseback (or the lack thereof) will indicate the case material but I would suspect gold plated.

Your grandfather was a snappy dresser if he wore this! It is always nice to have an heirloom watch. Thanks for posting.

·
Registered
2,024 Posts
The watch does not look particularly old. If it's not a screwback case, then it's probably just a friction-fit, snap-on caseback, which you could jemmy open with a pocket-knife.

We do not give values here at WUS, for the pure fact that watches are impossible to value online. What something is worth is what someone will pay for it. That's what we'll usually say.

Finding out the age, material and general quality of the watch is fairly easily done if you can open the caseback and get us clear photographs of the movement and the inside of the caseback. Usually, all the information that we need is in there.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts