WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I went to Macys today... I was just browsing with my GF and started looking at the G-shocks.
I promised myself no more Gs until next month or 2012.... specially since I have purchased about 3 in the last 3 weeks....

So after looking I came across this GA-110 which I have never seen before:
Sugar Land-20111028-00052.jpg
I liked it and decided on getting it assuming the price was $110 plus tax..... however, what was even better
it was labeled incorrectly as a GD100-1b and I got it for $89 plus tax.....

I just can not seem to find this exact model on the net... does anyone know which model number it is?
It is a greyish army color band, with 3263 written on the band and neon green buttons.

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
65 Posts
I've looked a littlle bit on the net and found that the Ga-110a-4jf has the same colot scheme except on orange band and bezel ! Very strange !

·
Registered
450 Posts
Did someone switch the orange resin (which is quite expensive to get a hold of) and then return it? I didn't think Macy's ever sold the orange GA110. Very very strange. I would have bought it for that price as well.

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for the replies.

I figured I would be able to find it on the net specially since macys had it

I will try to take sone better pics.

·
Registered
4,386 Posts
If it has 3263 on the band somebody switched the resin off of a GD100MS. You got a heck of a deal on a sweet modded GA110!

·
Registered
7,352 Posts
As others have said, it seems someone bought a watch, did a mod, and returned it. Strangely, you seem to have gotten the better end of the deal

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
As promised here are some more pics (sorry for the crappy quality, they are taken from my blackberry):
Sugar Land-20111029-00055.jpg
Sugar Land-20111029-00057.jpg
Sugar Land-20111029-00061.jpg

I agree, it has to be modded as I could not find it on the net for about an hour....
I just want to make sure it is not fake in anyway.

After further inspection, it appears brand new and never worn. All the screws do not look like they have been touched and the entire watch in in excellent condition.

·
Registered
6,109 Posts
As promised here are some more pics (sorry for the crappy quality, they are taken from my blackberry):

View attachment 545490

I agree, it has to be modded as I could not find it on the net for about an hour....
I just want to make sure it is not fake in anyway.

After further inspection, it appears brand new and never worn. All the screws do not look like they have been touched and the entire watch in in excellent condition.
Very cool! Wow... never heard of this happening before, but I can understand it. If you're careful, you can remove the screws without causing signs of removal (proper tools and accurate hand). Plus, if someone bought it to swap the part, they wouldn't have worn it. So, you and the original owner have a couple of really unique G-Shocks. How cool is that? ;-)

Actually, what would be REALLY COOL, is if the person who modded it came by this thread and posted pics of their modified watch! :-!:-!

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Which g shock is the actual watch minus the bezel and strap from?
I can not find the exact color combo on any watch (not including the strap and bezel)

·
Registered
4,386 Posts
The watch is the GA110A-4. The resin is from a GD100MS-3

I would love to see the GD100 with the orange band and bezel. Would look really cool with the red eye and red backlight!

Attachments

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Thanks! Yup that is it!

I wore it for the first time today.... I really liked it. Felt kinda small after wearing the KING.;-)

·
Registered
661 Posts
The extra bit of colour in the dial looks very nice and still tasteful.
All the other adjectives used in this thread are accurate enough. But "tasteful" just doesn't hold up.

The watch is magnificent in its sheer, brash, explicit rejection of any notion of taste at all.

·
Registered
450 Posts
Tsip85 said:
The watch is the GA110A-4. The resin is from a GD100MS-3

I would love to see the GD100 with the orange band and bezel. Would look really cool with the red eye and red backlight!
I agree, I'm dying to see the other watch.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts