WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I acquired a family heirloom watch. Branded "Nicolet" Its an old gold pocket watch with a fisherman on the front and an engraved back. it was from my great grandfather who was born in 1915 so I am not able to give you and accurate date of when the watch was manufactured. below I have included pictures and I was curious of the

Dating
Value
How many were made (if possible)

I have spent several hours trying to find information on the watch but came up with nothing, was hoping there was a professional/enthusiast/collector here who could help me out.

Thanks!

View attachment 584275 front HQ View attachment 584277 watch face View attachment 584278 Back

·
Registered
3,884 Posts
I know nothing about the watch but I must say you are very lucky to have it.

·
Registered
3,823 Posts
Hi Treyman654,

Dating
Value
How many were made
Dating: between 1990 and yesterday
Value: near zero
How many were made: sorry, no idea, but not actually important.

Wear it as long as the battery and the gold plating lasts. The watch was made for this purpose, and not for passing it to next generations.

Regards, Roland Ranfft

·
Registered
1,728 Posts
It's a quartz pocket watch so it was made within the last 40 years (likely within the last 20 years)

·
Registered
2,024 Posts
Hate to tell you this, but Ben and Roland are 100% correct. Watches like this are not that old. Or that rare. They're manufactured in their thousands in China.

Roland, you really made me laugh with your dating estimate. "Between 1990 and yesterday". Hehehehe.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts