WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Banned
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I was at some old watch store the other day here in Brasil. This guy was showing me all these old G-Shock parts that he had. He had a bunch of silver/gold "screens/displays" (I am nor sure what you call them. Here in Brasil we call them "telas".). I was wondering if it was possible to change a gold screen to a silcer or vica versa? Thanks!

·
Registered
29,512 Posts
The displays / screens are part of the module and these aren't usually interchangeable between models.

·
Banned
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the reply. I was just thinking of maybe picking up a extra DW-5600 "gold version" screen that I saw the other day in an old watch shop, just in case something ever happened to the one I am using now. :)

·
Registered
4,386 Posts
You can contact Casio Parts (or, I use American Perfit) and ask for the part number and a quote for a paticular piece. What you're looking for is the LCD. I've ordered two LCDs of different colors for my G9000 Mudmans. The part is relatively easy to change out and I know there are tutorials on here showing how to break down a 5600. I don't know how much the particular part you are looking for would cost, but the LCDs I oredered were only $5.50 each plus shipping. If they do not have the part in stock, it may take 4-6 weeks to receive it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts