WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
4,062 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was just wondering how many Doxa owners are from Canada and are a member of this forum. I know that there are a couple members in Ontario but I have yet to hear of any from the East Coast, particularly Nova Scotia. Thanks for bearing with me on this silly thread.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Northwest Territories represented by myself. I certainly haven't seen any other Doxa owners up here. In fact the watch scene is pretty dull, outside of rumours that a couple of people up here have Pateks (which I cannot verify).

·
Registered
577 Posts
I live in Toronto and just got an 800Ti on Thursday. I think this is my first post on the Doxa forum.

Take care,

Stephen

·
Registered
4,062 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I live in Toronto and just got an 800Ti on Thursday. I think this is my first post on the Doxa forum.

Take care,

Stephen
Well then, from a fellow Canuckian...WELCOME to the forum! How do you like the 800?

·
Registered
116 Posts
Another fellow from T.O says hello.

Cheers

Peter

·
Registered
11,877 Posts

Take care,

Stephen

Yep, it's your first post here. Welcome to the Doxa Forum! And congrats on the 800Ti, a very cool new model (did you get a Sharkhunter, or Professional?).

Surprised Michael (MTJO) hasn't been along here yet, but he also lives in Toronto. I expect he'll be along soon....

·
Registered
329 Posts
Vancouver Here. Used to be Middle of nowhere Manitoba with a DOXA or 4.

·
Registered
1,594 Posts
T-bone is right!!! I'm late!:-d Week end you know!!;-)
If anybody here in and around Greater TO wants to get together and look at some beautiful Doxa I'm up to it!!:-!
Michael

·
Registered
4,062 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I lived in TO for 10 years before moving back to NS...I kinda miss the hectic pace!

·
Registered
577 Posts
Thanks T Bone and romeo-1. It's nice to finally post here after lurking for so long. I got the 800Ti Professional. Since it's my first Doxa, I felt like I had to go with the orange dial. I'm pretty sure there's going to be a 750 GMT Caribbean in my future, and maybe also a 1000T Divingstar.

The 800Ti is a very impressive watch. It's been said before, but the titanium really does look like stainless steel. The weight and size are perfect, the clasp is outstanding, and I quite like screwed lugs on a bracelet watch.

Take care,

Stephen

·
Registered
48 Posts
Torontonian currently living in the Cayman Islands. Heading back home for X-mas vacation - can't wait to feel cold and snow again :-!!!! I know, I know, most of you are probably doing one of these :roll: right now but most of us Canucks over here do miss 'sweater weather'...

·
Registered
1,918 Posts
Just west of T.O... covered in a blanket of snow.

Currently only own the 2005 T-Graph Pro.

Bluther, whats the weather like there?

·
Registered
200 Posts
Hi Mark
Just chilling now, motorbikes were out Monday, today -9 and skiffs of snow....blech. Oh well looks like things are shaping up for a T.O. Doxa GTG. Seems cowboy country doesn't love dive watches....how odd and we are just a 10 hour drive from the Pacific!:-d

·
Registered
2,347 Posts
On my fifth Doxa now. Presently residing in Kandahar, Afghanistan but live in Petawawa, ON. Previous Canadian tour stops include Victoria, BC , Edmonton, AB and Ottawa, ON.

Actually, spending a few weeks of vacation right now with my six-month old son (he loves the Doxa SUB300T) and wife in southern France and Spain and heading back in-country soon. But have been wearing my Doxa a whole lot during this vacation (and have seen a couple others).

And it looks like the next tour-stop for us is Toronto, ON (next summer) and so would love to get together for a Doxa-soiree down in hog-town!

James

·
Registered
4,062 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
On my fifth Doxa now. Presently residing in Kandahar, Afghanistan but live in Petawawa, ON. Previous Canadian tour stops include Victoria, BC , Edmonton, AB and Ottawa, ON.

Actually, spending a a few weeks of vacation right now with my six-month old son (he loves the Doxa SUB300T) and wife in southern France and Spain and heading back in-country soon. But have been wearing my Doxa a whole lot during this vacation (and have seen a couple others).

And it looks like the next tour-stop for us is Toronto, ON (next summer) and so would love to get together for a Doxa-soiree down in hog-town!

James
Glad to hear from you...stay safe!

·
Registered
2,347 Posts
Thanks, mate. Have regular internet connectivity now in Barcelona, so am catching up. Once back in-country, not much access to the internet.

James

·
Registered
349 Posts
I lived in TO for 10 years before moving back to NS...I kinda miss the hectic pace!
I'd like to miss the hectic pace, maybe we could trade places for a couple weeks some time, hehe. Love Nova Scotia and visit every summer. I have a 5000T and would happily come out for a get together in TO.

Rex

1 - 20 of 29 Posts