WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,830 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Any fellow Canadians who are policemen, law enforcers, officers or lawyers, or know any policemen, law enforcers, lawyers....etc. PLEASE PM me or email me. I need help to catch a SCUMBAG and a CONMAN who swindled my money and others too!:-(

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
13,407 Posts
I'm from Quebec, but not in law enforcement.

However, I AM greatly interested in knowing about any scammers this side of the border...

If you wish, you may post your info here, so everyone will know & be warned.
Certainly not a bad idea but Jacky should put it in the "Watch Deals" Forum if he chooses to do so.

·
Registered
103 Posts
The general rule of thumb is this - if you deal on the internet, make sure that you have 100% faith in the credibility of the seller.

E-bay scams and whatnot are technically illegal, but 99 times out of 100, you'll never get the matter solved. The police aren't going to pursue cross-border and long distance investigations over a person's complaint of being swindled in the purchase of an item. Unless it's some very large scale operation involving clearly illegal conduct. If it's simply a matter of you placing your trust in someone for a transaction and then them taking advantage of that, justice is hard to come by.

Try giving us an idea of the nature of your problem here?

What does it say on the front page of almost every single luxury watch companies website these days - DON'T BUY ONE OF OUR WATCHES OVER THE INTERNET!

And why does your location say Greece if we're your fellow Canadians?

·
Registered
39,218 Posts
:-d A snowbird with money.
The general rule of thumb is this - if you deal on the internet, make sure that you have 100% faith in the credibility of the seller.

E-bay scams and whatnot are technically illegal, but 99 times out of 100, you'll never get the matter solved. The police aren't going to pursue cross-border and long distance investigations over a person's complaint of being swindled in the purchase of an item. Unless it's some very large scale operation involving clearly illegal conduct. If it's simply a matter of you placing your trust in someone for a transaction and then them taking advantage of that, justice is hard to come by.

Try giving us an idea of the nature of your problem here?

What does it say on the front page of almost every single luxury watch companies website these days - DON'T BUY ONE OF OUR WATCHES OVER THE INTERNET!

And why does your location say Greece if we're your fellow Canadians?

·
Registered
1,830 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for the replies guys. First let me clarify, I use the word "fellow" as I am addressing to the FELLOW MEMBERS IN WUS. And I am located in Greece.

As for posting my experience, I will do after I settle this issue as I have too many at hands.

Those Canadians who think you can help me or provide me info, please PM or email me as I do not want this thread to be of pages. My main concern is to get help or info whatever I can get from fellow members Canadian WIS here.

·
Registered
737 Posts
Before this thread gets too deep and too many well-meaning people get involved, here is the advice I gave watchboy (Jacky) after he sent me some of the details by PM. All of this information is in the public record so I am not divulging any "secrets" here by any stretch of the imagination.

"From what I can ascertain from the information you sent me, you were given AMPLE warning about making a purchase from this seller! In addition, for a $3,000. purchase, you certainly should have done more research into this person's background, and, if you weren't satisfied with the circumstances, suggested an escrow service to complete the transaction. As it stands, because this was not a regular credit card transaction, your only recourse for restitution might be through PayPal and their fraud investigation unit.

There isn't a law enforcement agency in the world that will just "make some calls" on your behalf to track down this scammer. No matter who you talk to - in Canada, the US, Europe - you will be advised to first speak with your local law enforcement people.

If this seller is using his cellphone to conduct illegal business, you might be able to pursue your case with his cellular service provider (in this case, Telus Mobility in Canada) along the line of "..he's using your service and hardware with intent to defraud..." or something like that.

In my personal opinion, and without knowing all the facts of the case, I think you might be stuck with a $3000. "fake" simply because you did not heed prior warnings and did not do enough background checking (eg. an email address "reference" is about as bogus as it gets and should have been a HUGE warning sign!)

Good luck! I hope you are successful in recovering at least part of your payment."

As someone else mentioned, any transactions conducted on the Internet with an unknown seller should be entered into with a huge dose of healthy suspicion. Blind Faith was a rock group. ;-)

Again - good luck with your recovery attempts.

·
Registered
1,830 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Before this thread gets too deep and too many well-meaning people get involved, here is the advice I gave watchboy (Jacky) after he sent me some of the details by PM. All of this information is in the public record so I am not divulging any "secrets" here by any stretch of the imagination.

"From what I can ascertain from the information you sent me, you were given AMPLE warning about making a purchase from this seller!.............

Again - good luck with your recovery attempts.
Before I, myself make it public, ..... I do not wish to reveal this matter in the forum publicly at the moment.

Like I said, any gentleman with help or info can
EMAIL OR PM me! I really appreciate that. Also if anyone with any questions regarding my case, I would gladly tell you in PM OR EMAIL too.

The purpose of this thread that I posted here is to GET HELP OR INFORMATIVE STEPS! And not to make it long thread.

However, once the matter is settled(whether I get back my money or not, does not matter), I will post a NEW thread to tell and warn others what I went and going thru.

Regards.

·
Registered
737 Posts
Before I, myself make it public, ..... I do not wish to reveal this matter in the forum publicly at the moment.

Like I said, any gentleman with help or info can EMAIL OR PM me! I really appreciate that. Also if anyone with any questions regarding my case, I would gladly tell you in PM OR EMAIL too.

The purpose of this thread that I posted here is to GET HELP OR INFORMATIVE STEPS! And not to make it long thread.

However, once the matter is settled(whether I get back my money or not, does not matter), I will post a NEW thread to tell and warn others what I went and going thru.

Regards.
....and when I sent you my advice, you didn't even reply because it's not the answer you wanted to hear.

Get involved at your own risk, folks. I'm done. :)

·
Registered
1,830 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
....and when I sent you my advice, you didn't even reply because it's not the answer you wanted to hear.

Get involved at your own risk, folks. I'm done. :)
Oh is that why you posted your advice here? And do you know I am not at the computer most of the time and also I have alot of emails to reply besides your piece of advice? It has nothing to do with I like to hear or I do not like to hear.

Anyway thank you for your advice and I am truly sorry if I did not reply. I guess I am replying now.

If you think I am this type of person, please go and ask around those who know me.

·
Registered
6,203 Posts
I know Jacky well, and I also know the story behind all of this, Jacky is really limited to computer time, I know this because he PM's me at 4am my time:-d, he is a respected forumer that has been scammed, simple as that, by a thief and a con man, who has quite simply ripped him off, not only does jacky want to clear this matter up, from a finacial stanpoint, he also wants to help other forumers here NOT get ripped off by the same guy.

It's unfortunate this has happened.

I do agree with PD about a little research, the old saying BUY THE SELLER, and unfortunately sometimes the truth is maybe not what we want to hear but it is better to have the truth than a pile of B********t.

·
Registered
737 Posts
Shane,

I feel sorry for the guy having been ripped off, but if you have the same background info from him that I have, you also know that he was warned repeatedly NOT to make this deal. I told him the truth instead of BS (still, it was only my personal opinion) and he didn't give me the courtesy of a response. My guess, still is - from what he posted here again - that it's not what he wants to hear. o|

I hope someone else can help him.

S

·
0 Posts
Hi guys,

1) Sorry to hear that Jacky got scammed.
2) If someone is willing/able to help Jacky please contact him via mail or PM.
3) If Jacky decides to report about his case he should put it on the "Watch Deals" Forum (like Tragic said: if he chooses to do so).
4) Thread closed.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.