WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone,

Got my 1st ball watch abt 3 mths back, i went ahead and purchased a white faced Cannonball and a mad cow for my wifey. Both of us really really love these watches. However I do not really where it regularly and do not have a watch shaker. I've noticed that sometimes the watch stops working after abt 14-16 hours. Whereas there're time that it can last more around 28-30 hours before stopping. Is there anything wrong with my cannon ball. My tag automatic can last easily 30-32 hours before it stops. Is there anything I can do to improve this? Or i should bring it back to the service center to have it checked.

Also was wandering if the crown would get loosen if i keep on opening it up to adjust the time and date. Bcoz i use to do this once too often with my tag automatic, e crown can not be fully locked now. Would this affect my cannonball too, this really worries me.

Thank for your comments in advance.

Cheers, CannonBallLover

·
Registered
3,558 Posts
i'd give it a full wind, about 40-50 turns on the crown, and set the watch down and see how long the watch runs for.

It sounds like the watch just isn't getting a full power reserve, but this way you will know for sure.

I am a big proponent of a Watchwinder...I feel it protects the watch from opening and closing the crown frequently, and I feel it is gentler than handwinding the watch.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks scott for e advise. I've just check on e-bay, are the orbita winders OK?

Noob question, how do i full wind it up?
Do i still need to release e crown 1s coz i dont think i can wind it when its locked. If i release e crown do I just start winding it if yes then i think its anti clock wise, right? Sorry for being that ignorant.

Thanks again.

·
Registered
683 Posts
Orbita's are GREAT! Go right to their website, they offer good deals on demo models and closeouts... Id MUCH rather buy from them for a few bucks extra over EBay and no customer service.

I have smaller wrists and need the smaller pad..... (I bought my winder through the For Sale forums on one of these well known forums) and they guys at Orbita were SOOOO nice to deal with... Sent me the proper one, told me to keep the other. Would not let me pay for postage etc etc... A true first class act. Since then I have bought a couple through their online outlet store...

·
Registered
677 Posts
orbita is one of the finest in watch winder market. The owner is a retired engineer who got nothing to do and start making winder for automatic watches as a hobby and then it turn out to be a daxn reputable company with warrantly. And just as Mr scott said, maybe you did not wind enough. But 35-40 turns should be more than enough. You can check out orbita website for more BALL watch details, they provide alot of information on the watch movement and yes BALL watch movement as well. My cannonball crown also cannot be fully lock. Guess there is a O-ring beneath the crown. But as long as water do not get into te water, i dun really care. But if yours still stop within 20hrs after winding the reuqired amount then you better send for regulation/servicing.

·
Registered
1,516 Posts
see the sticky above on timing and accuracy questions - as that will give you lots of more info.

I use orbita winders routinely, but have had much success with no name brands also.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts