WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi

More than 20 years ago (around 1995-1997) I had a watch I used when I was sailing. I've been looking everywhere but cannot find which model it was. Maybe you could help me.

Here's the global design:
IMG_7139.jpg

On the top-left side, the button was in metal and the only one protruding from the watch shape. The bottom-left, top-right and bottom-right buttons were in plastic.
The big thing on the right, and altering the round shape of the watch, is a button used to start/stop countdowns and stopwatches. It was pressed directly from the top of the watch (and not from the side as for every other buttons). I cannot remember what was written on it.
The inside top part consisted of LEDs according to seconds (in time mode) or time left (in countdown mode).
The inside bottom part was the regular digital clock.

The main thing about this watch was the countdown function. You could set it up, start it, and every minute it would switch on the red LED (I can't remember if it was the top or bottom one) 4 times with 4 beeps at the same time.
During the final 10 seconds of the countdown, it would make the red LED blink once per second with one beep and when the countdown is over, it would make both green and red LEDs blink alternatively and quickly 4 times with beeps and repeat it until you pressed the big button on the right.
Perhaps, but I'm really not sure, that during the final 5 seconds of the countdown it would blink and beep twice per second.

I'd be very thankful if you could help me find which model this watch was!

Regards

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Unfortunately, no. It was not so fancy. It was more kind of a sports watch, so it was all plastic and not shiny. All black.
But I see the top LED part that made you think of it. That's the spirit.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for your ideas. The CBX line was definitely interesting but I can't find the one.
I am pretty sure the watch wasn't upside down and the button was on the right. I'm also sure it wasn't part of the G-shock series.

The top and bottom LED were clearly visible, one red, one green.

·
Premium Member
6,689 Posts
I don't know, none are exactly like the op's rendering. There really weren't many Casio's that had a protruding side button and led's though

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Many thanks to all of you! it was the LED 30! I think I mixed the top inside part with another older model I owned and led you to confusion, I apologize...

·
Registered
4,652 Posts
Lol this is why I love F17. You guys are the real deal. :-!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts