WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Banned
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Who is eagerly anticipating the next generation from the 5d series (Canon)?

All the rumored specs look good... hopefully this comes out sooner rather than later.

·
Banned
657 Posts
Who is eagerly anticipating the next generation from the 5d series (Canon)?

All the rumored specs look good... hopefully this comes out sooner rather than later.
Just like watches, I don't worry too much about what's coming out (unless an Omega I like has a master co-axial version coming out soon :) )

For me the question is more about whether my current gear is holding me back? Answer: it's not. :)

Having said that, just as when I chose my 6D1 over 5D3, I'll be interested to see the value proposition of the 6D2 v 5D4. Last time the 6D met my needs and didn't warrant the quite considerable price jump to a 5D3. I wonder if it will be the same this time?

For me, more interesting than both of these will be the M4 and it's lens range. Will canon give us a mirrorless worth their name? Will they nail image quality, autofocus, usability? Will they include a built-in EVF as good as Fuji's? Will they get a full weatherproof fast lens range?
If so I may have a new travel/street camera to replace the use of my 6D with a 40mm pancake (nothing to see here - this is not a large camera - I'm blending in :) )

I do not doubt Canon will deliver an excellent 5D4 and 6D2.

·
Registered
282 Posts
My mark3 is a great camera. But it and 4 or 5 lenses is a lot to carry around while traveling. I find myself packing a Sony a6000/6300

1 - 6 of 6 Posts