WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
471 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone else notice PacParts is not letting you in without an account no./password? And it seems you can't just sign up, you have to be a dealer/repair center or something :-s

I'm sure many of us frequent them for parts, so if they're local to you, please call and ask how to access their part database. I hope it turns out to be an inadvertent mistake..

·
Registered
5,784 Posts
Please define "browse," and/or try your search again?

I just did a "Search by Model Number" on the DW-5600 and got the usual list of "hits" -- they've recently updated that first screen listing "1-10 of 77" models to include PICTURES for those who don't know if they've got a DW-5600-BC-1B or a DW-5600-E.

pictures list.JPG

Then when I selected the DW-5600-E, it gave me the usual list of parts:

dw-5600-e parts.JPG

No account number or password needed.

·
Registered
6,106 Posts
Anyone else notice PacParts is not letting you in without an account no./password? And it seems you can't just sign up, you have to be a dealer/repair center or something :-s

I'm sure many of us frequent them for parts, so if they're local to you, please call and ask how to access their part database. I hope it turns out to be an inadvertent mistake..
I take it your request for someone to contact them who is "local", suggests you're not in the USA? I wonder if PacParts has disabled the ability for people external to the USA to browse their parts database.

·
Registered
5,784 Posts
I wonder if PacParts has disabled the ability for people external to the USA to browse their parts database.
I was wondering if PacPart's recent "website updates" -- combined with the time of the OP's post in the pre-dawn hours where PacParts is located -- might have temporarily disabled the database!

·
Registered
471 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I take it your request for someone to contact them who is "local", suggests you're not in the USA?
Correct, I'm not.

I wonder if PacParts has disabled the ability for people external to the USA to browse their parts database.
I was thinking along similar lines, but then I thought they'd have a global clientele so it wouldn't make business sense for them to do that.
Anyway, it's back now :)

·
Registered
471 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I was wondering if PacPart's recent "website updates" -- combined with the time of the OP's post in the pre-dawn hours where PacParts is located -- might have temporarily disabled the database!
Possibly. Yesterday I wasn't able to look up anything, and a page with Account No./Password came up (just like the login page Consumer Electronic Parts and Accessories at PacParts, Inc.).
Then I left them an offline message, and they got back to me saying that I should be able to search using Model # or Part #, which I see is possible now.

Thanks all!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts