110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I'm torn between these two watches.

The Speedmaster Broad Arrow

32110445001001-20.png
or

Speedmaster Date

32330404006001-20.png

I like the Broad Arrow because its more contemporary but I also hate it for the same reason. I like the Date because its more classic. I like the reflective machined look of the Broad Arrow dial. The Broad Arrow is 44mm which is slightly bigger than I would like. The Date is 40mm which is slightly smaller than I like. I think 42mm fits me best. I like the Broadarrow because it has the clear case in the back and the Date does not (not a deal breaker). The Broad Arrow also has the co-axial movement and the Date does not (also not a deal breaker). This watch will be my daily watch to replace my Tag Classic 2000. I have a few other dressier watches to wear with suits so that will not be an issue. This is purely for every day t-shirt and jeans watch. What do you guys think? Let the debate begin!

·
Registered
5,873 Posts
The Broad Arrow for me.
However, as gt_5454 says, have you looked at the 3570.50?

cheers.

·
Registered
1,523 Posts
The use you describe is exactly what I use the Seamaster Planet Ocean for.....

....but as we are talking Speedmaster 's there is only one for me....3570.50 (moonwatch). Almost THE perfect casual watch and the size you want as well

·
Registered
437 Posts
Considering looks broad arrow is the clear winner here. Ya like others advised please have a look at moonwatch. Im sure ull be pleased having looked at that watch.

·
Registered
10,510 Posts
...tough call, however, if it were me, Speedmaster date. :-!

·
Registered
20,580 Posts
Speedmaster Date

View attachment 452538

Definitely this one because :

1. It doens't have the arrow hand that eventually obscures the chronograph dials.

2. It doesn't have the arabic numerals (the numerals are nice but unfortunately they aren't appropriate for a chronograph with tachymeter, it make difficult to focus on the chronograph sub-dials).

3. There are large spaces between the sub-dials for more balanced view.

4. The chrono seconds hand is obviously easier to see.

·
Registered
1,218 Posts
Speedmaster Date....more legible chrono dials and I actually prefer the hands on this watch opposed to the broadarrow. However, I wouldn't be adverse to wearing either of them. Both are very nice contemporary watches.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I would go for the Moonwatch Pro. But if I had to decide between the shown two I would go for the Broad Arrow.

just my 2 cent.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks for all the replies. And yes, I have considered the moon watch but I want a date window. I do like the look of the moon watch and that is the reason I'm considering the Speedmaster Date. To me, the Speedmaster Date is a contemporary version of the moon watch. I like the grey dial and the red speedmaster lettering and red seconds needle.

Side note. How does Hesalite crystal compare to Sapphire crystal in terms of scratch resistance?

·
Registered
188 Posts
You ask a dangerous question haha; Sapphire vs hesalite has always been a classic topic here. Sapphire is more scratch resistant, but hesalite gives the watch a bit of character. I suffered the same decision as you. Speedmaster is great but no date. So I wear my speedmaster and use my phone for date. That plus I have other date watches. Good luck!

·
Registered
4,480 Posts
Have you considered the newly released Speedaster co-axial? Looks like an updated version of the Speedy Pro with a date function. Sapphire crystal and 44mm case size. Will also have a new inhouse movement to boot (cal. 9300).

Do a search on this years Omega Basel models.

Sent from my iPhone4 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 · (Edited)
I was just at the Omega Boutique trying on both the Speedmaster Date and Broad Arrow. The Speedmaster Date at 40mm was too small on my wrist. I love the look but the size is just too small which takes it out of the running. The more I look at the Broad Arrow, the more I'm undecided about the contemporary styling of the numerals and the honeycomb chrono dials. It does look very sleek. It's a love hate relationship w/ the Broad Arrow

With everyone's suggestion of the Speedy Pro, I totally didn't even realize it came with the date option until the salesman suggested it. It has the classic moon watch style, a date window which I wanted, sapphire crystal front and back and the co-axial escapement.

I love the classic look and I also love the contemporary look. Man I wish I can just buy both, hahaha. It's going to be a close call =/

311.30.44.50.01.002 OR 321.10.44.50.01.001
31130445001002-20.png

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Have you considered the newly released Speedaster co-axial? Looks like an updated version of the Speedy Pro with a date function. Sapphire crystal and 44mm case size. Will also have a new inhouse movement to boot (cal. 9300).
Hahaha, yeah, I just saw that watch at the Omega Boutique. But I think it has 3313 movement not 9300?

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Speedmaster Broad Arrow in silver (they didn't have the black that I wanted) and the Co-Axial Chronometer.

photo-1-1.jpg

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
311.30.44.50.01.002 OR 321.10.44.50.01.001
So I narrowed it down to these two. Both have the 3313 movement, 44.25mm case, date window, sapphire crystal and clear case back. I just can't decide if I want to go with the contemporary or classic look. I say to myself that I want the more contemporary BA because it will be my daily watch to wear w/ t-shirt and jeans. But I also tell myself that Co-Axial Chrorno will also look good with t-shirt and jeans and will continue to look good 10 years from now. However, I do like the machined dial on the BA and the subtle use of the color red. Which would you guys choose and why?

·
Registered
4,480 Posts
Hahaha, yeah, I just saw that watch at the Omega Boutique. But I think it has 3313 movement not 9300?
Actually, I was referring to this model. Not yet released at the Ω boutique as it is a new model that was just introduced:

Has the cal. 9300 movement with co-axial escapement.

·
Registered
19 Posts
no you are getting closer to the original moonwatch. :-d
If it must have a date choose the left one (not the broad arrow). It is a great watch. I was also looking for it but the watch is too big for me therefore I will choose the "Original" one.
good luck :-!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts