WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there,

I'm afraid i've cought the "watch bug" again and need to buy another watch! :-(

I've narrowed it down to the standard Rally Mudman or the GW M5600.

However I'm a student at University (College for Americans), and need a watch that isn't annoying and gets cought in long cuffs/gloves (because winter is coming over here in the UK!).

Because of this, now most of you would say the GW M5600, but i REALLY like the mudman look. So i guess my main question is how bulky is the mudman compard to the 5600???

Thanks in advance guys,

I hope that made sense! :oops:

·
Registered
505 Posts
Hi there,

However I'm a student at University (College for Americans), and need a watch that isn't annoying and gets cought in long cuffs/gloves (because winter is coming over here in the UK!).

Because of this, now most of you would say the GW M5600, but i REALLY like the mudman look. So i guess my main question is how bulky is the mudman compard to the 5600???

Thanks in advance guys,

The Mudman isnt too bulky at all - it sits a little further out of the wrist than the GW-M5600 but it's not bad. It's a smaller watch than you would expect I think.

This is totally the opposite of what you asked for - but have you considered the GW-6900? It's a bigger watch but combines some of the looks of both.
Tiktox have it for £69 - cheaper than the other two as well.

·
Registered
2,748 Posts
if u prefer the look of the mudman, take the mudman, cause it has all the functions of the gwm EXCEPT solar/atomic (two features that are not essential for a watch IMO).

:-!

·
Registered
2,465 Posts
if u prefer the look of the mudman, take the mudman, cause it has all the functions of the gwm EXCEPT solar/atomic (two features that are not essential for a watch IMO).

:-!
Errr, the Rally Mudman is solar/atomic ;-) (there is a non-solar/atomic Rally Mudman too, but not on the European market).

·
Registered
2,962 Posts
Hi there,

Thanks in advance guys,

I have 4 Mudmen watches and really like them, but, I have been wanting a black GWM5600 for a while and can't ever seem to line one up yet, I have 5 different 5600 models, I would have to say the GWM5600 seeing how I love the 5600 series much better than the Mudman series, if you get the GWM5600 and don't like it, I'll trade you a brand new condition, black, GW-9000A Atomic/Solar Muddy for it!:-!

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for the input and offers guys! Very appreciated!

The problem is i like the GW M5600 just as much as I like the muddy...and i'm student so i definatley cant get two :-(. I LOVE the simplicity of the 5600, but i also love the tough guy dynamics of the muddy!
ARRRRRGGGGHHHHH! Sometimes i think Casio does too many G Shocks o|

So if there's anyone that has both models, i would love your opinions...

·
Registered
2,748 Posts
Errr, the Rally Mudman is solar/atomic ;-) (there is a non-solar/atomic Rally Mudman too, but not on the European market).
sorry, thought its about the g-9000, well the rallye mudman is something my eye doesnt like at all from a design point of view... then better the gw-m5600 , my vote.

·
Registered
2,973 Posts
i've had both, and if you wear long-sleeved shirts with cuffs often, the mudman's bulk might get a little old. it's actually not all that much bigger than the gwm5600, but it seems more bulky, and has a look that doesn't match as broad a range of outfits as the gwm5600 does. plus the gwm5600 is the iconic g-shock shape. on the other hand, the mudman has less 'nerd quotient' if that's a concern. one idea is that accomplishes both styles is you could conceivably find a dw5600e on sale or used for very little dough and also buy the gw9010.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
i've had both, and if you wear long-sleeved shirts with cuffs often, the mudman's bulk might get a little old. it's actually not all that much bigger than the gwm5600, but it seems more bulky, and has a look that doesn't match as broad a range of outfits as the gwm5600 does. plus the gwm5600 is the iconic g-shock shape. on the other hand, the mudman has less 'nerd quotient' if that's a concern. one idea is that accomplishes both styles is you could conceivably find a dw5600e on sale or used for very little dough and also buy the gw9010.
Exactly. One of the big plusses of the gwm5600 is, in my eyes, that you could wear it with a suit or a tux and still get admiring glances...a very versatile watch indeed...

·
Registered
82 Posts
If i could own only one G-Shock i would never choose a Mudman b-)

IMHO is the Mudman more than other G-Shocks a fashion-watch. Looks very good but buttons with a feeling like pushing my forefinger in a sandbag and the wide strap retainer are a pain in my neck :roll:

For me are the best "only one G-Shocks" GW/DW 5600 or 6900 :-!

·
Banned
5,850 Posts
How about the non-atomic versions? Little cheaper so maybe you can get 2? I'd get whatever color G9000 mudman you like best (right now I really like the gray one with orange...g9000 mx-8cr) and one of the GLX5600 for a square model.

·
Registered
2,748 Posts
That's a no-brainer: Mudman all the way :-!. Just a much more sophisticated module than the (kind of outdated) module of the GW-M5600.

Greetings, Sedi :)
a solar/atomic module is outdated? what do you mean? the design maybe is outdated, but not the module.

the mudman module is very good, but i dont like the design and feeling of the watch...

·
Registered
13,980 Posts
Hi,
to specify my statement of the GW-M5600 being outdated in comparison with the GW-9010:
multiband 5 vs. multiband 6
60min timer vs. 24hr timer
Rally Timer only on the GW-9010
adjustable duration of EL-backlight - only GW-9010

I think therefore that since the introduction of multiband 6 and of course the GW-5000 - the GW-M5600 is outdated. Still it's very true to the original DW-5000 from '83 designwise - so right now it's probably the best fusion of classic design with new (though not the newest) technology.

Of course when you compare the GW-9000A with the GW-M5600 - they have exactly the same functions.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Unless I'm mistaken, the difference between Multiband 5 and Multiband 6 is China. It's not a question of being outdated as in technology, just limited to a fair sized portion of the Earth called China. Unless you plan on going to China, then it's not a problem.

As for the CDT, I do agree that it should be longer than one hour, so the Mudman wins on that one.

I'm very happy with the simplicity of the GW-M5600 that I bought. What I can't stand on G-Shocks are the "eyes" and the tacky looking (IMO) extra display things. Still, the world would be a boring place if it only conformed to my likes. ;-)

·
Registered
2,809 Posts
I love my rally mudman, and I find its actually OK with long sleeve shirts as long as you don't mind the slightly incongruous look - I stress, it is no more than 'ok' and far from good to great. It helps that my dress shirts are french cuffed i.e. cufflinks needed - the mudman is much less good with more casual long sleeves.

Its totally fine ime with Jumpers.

If your main focus is fitting under a cuff I think the GWM5600 - a great watch - is a better choice.

I'd say from your last post you are likely to want the two anyway...pick one...buy it...save up...buy the other one :D

·
Registered
13,980 Posts
Oh - don't get me wrong - I like the looks of the GW-M5600 - no doubt about that :-!. But if I had to choose between either GW-9010 or GW-M5600 I'd take the GW-9010. Damn - now I might have to put the GW-M5600 on my wish-list :-d. Or even - gasp - the GW-5000 :think:.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts