WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
Seiko, Mido and Marathon
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:cry: Got a GX56BB-1 from Amazon last night and it's going back today. I don't understand how anyone can like this watch. I read in some reviews that the display was not as bad to read as it looked but I have to disagree. Even with the AEL turned on I can't hardly see a thing. Luckily it was Amazon so the return should be a breeze and I guess I will order the JDM version GXW56-1BJF. It's a hundred bucks more and I don't really need the atomic radio, but I do need to be able to tell the time at a glance. After all isn't that why we wear watches :unsure:

·
Registered
205 Posts
:cry: Got a GX56BB-1 from Amazon last night and it's going back today. I don't understand how anyone can like this watch. I read in some reviews that the display was not as bad to read as it looked but I have to disagree. Even with the AEL turned on I can't hardly see a thing. Luckily it was Amazon so the return should be a breeze and I guess I will order the JDM version GXW56-1BJF. It's a hundred bucks more and I don't really need the atomic radio, but I do need to be able to tell the time at a glance. After all isn't that why we wear watches :unsure:
You are correct it is hopeless. I have an atomic King with the normal LCD display and it is a peach. After having atomic timekeeping for a while now I cannot tolerate any watch that doesn't have it.

·
Registered
1,094 Posts
I am not saying you have "eye problems" but our eyes are better than yours, perhaps?
or it could be that we live under the sun most of the year, while you maybe in Yellowknife?

Most of us here don't wear watches, we wear Gshocks !
because if we wear watch to look at the time, we wounldn't be having a massive 40+ gshocks

lolz

·
Registered
2,927 Posts
Yea legibility isn't the best but they look cool.

I hear the new ones are miles better though.

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
Seiko, Mido and Marathon
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I am not saying you have "eye problems" but our eyes are better than yours, perhaps?
or it could be that we live under the sun most of the year, while you maybe in Yellowknife?

Most of us here don't wear watches, we wear Gshocks !
because if we wear watch to look at the time, we wounldn't be having a massive 40+ gshocks

lolz
Jeez, who stuck the hair up your a$$? My eyes aren't what they once were but I don't need a white cane yet. Hello; Gshocks are watches. While I live about 15 minutes from the 49th Parallel, I have been to Yellowknife and found most of the residents very pleasant so, yes; I can see you're not from there.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Some negative displays are more readable than others. For example I find GMWB5000RD 's display better than
GW-M5610BC 's display in that aspect.

·
Premium Member
Divers & other tool watches
314 Posts
The GAS-100MBC-1A was my first negative display, and I picked it in part because the analog hands mitigated my worries about the display being hard to read. :)

This model also features backlit displays and a dial light, the best of both worlds.

Reactions: Mr Auto and Dxnnis

·
Registered
946 Posts
Some negative displays are good (memory lcd and to some extent led/mirror/non-solar) but the EL solar negatives are among the most difficult to read, in my experience.

I don’t think there’s anything wrong in saying that you don’t like the negative King’s display. It is much lower contrast than the positive display, and the reason for that is basic physics...hard to argue with!

we all take chances on things and good on you for giving the negative king a try - it’s more than some people give!

(Here is an article from 2013 written by a WUS user that talks about the physics of negative LCD displays Why Negative LCDs Are So Hard to Read)

1 - 20 of 31 Posts