WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi!*

I am a new user and I would like to buy one of these: CANYON CNS-SW3 “SkiMaster”. It has the following functions: altimeter, barometer, compass, thermometer and clock.

Has anyone tried it ? I want to make sure that it works, because it is kinda' cheap (compared to a Suunto Core for example). I have used the search feature, but found no results. This is the manufacturer's page: http://www.canyon-tech.com/products/sports/watches/CNS-SW3#pr-switcher .

I am waiting for your answers. Best regards.*​

·
Registered
116 Posts
Re: CANYON CNS-SW3 “SkiMaster” - looking for opinions

Never heard of it myself.

What's the price of this? Plenty of other cheaper ABC alternatives to the Suunto's but need to know what sort of price-point this is at before recommending any.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

They are wide-spread in my country (I have found at least 10 shops that sell them) and the price for one piece is about 85$. Thanks for your quick answer.

So, can this thing be accurate? And what are the other options at this price?

·
Affordables Moderator
17,574 Posts

Nice looking watches, and for that price a steal. I haven't heard of them myself but I wonder if there are any reviews on the net.

Cheers,
Griff

·
Banned
11,612 Posts
I don't know about the brand, but check this ABC model out:

On looks alone I'm intrigued. It reminds me of a highgear model with similar looks. At this price range, I don't know what I would expect in terms of accuracy and long term quality, but they sure look cool and they are cheap enough to take one for the team.

·
Banned
11,612 Posts
I thought I'd seen one of those Canyon's before. It looks like it might be a clone of a Dakota model. Here is the Canyon CNS-SW3 next to the Dakota 7560-7:

IIRC, Dakota either uses or used to use Ricoh modules for their watches. I wonder if this is what both of these are? If I had to choose, I'd go for the Canyon. The negative display is not as practical as the positive one, but it sure looks cooler.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yes, they surely look the same. They even display the same data :). I think I'll buy the Canyon. And post a review after!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts