WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
To XXL owners out here.

Was anyone able to find a deployant buckle for XXLs sailcloth strap?

I thought I've seen a picture here on WUS of one of the watches on
the OEM sailcloth strap and a buckle (looks great), can't find it anymore.

Let me know if you've done it. Any help is greatly appreciated.

·
2,069 Posts
I have the sail cloth and it came with a buckle. You should be able to use a generic deployant of your choosing I believe the width at the buckle is 20mm. Where you able to secure a sail cloth strap ?

Regards,

Ren

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi Ren,

My local distributor is still loking for it. I'll have more details this Friday pricing etc. Will post it right away.

Yours came with the deployant buckle when you purchased it ? That's interesting, I thought they shipped it with the regular one. Do you have any pics of it ?

Thanks,

Antropa

·
Registered
189 Posts
I have a deployant on mine but I just checked all of the pics I have in photobucket of the XXL and you can't see it. I did find this pic when I tried the B&M sailcloth on my PRS-50 you can see it but because of the DOF it is not in focus.

I purchased the clasp at Timefactors. The polished S/S works well with the Ti of the XXL and best of all it fits the strap.

·
2,069 Posts
No I meant it came with a regular tang style buckle. I would go with this type of deployant clasp, it will be more forgiving to the strap than the type pictured from Time factors. Pic borrowed from mywatchmaker.net, hope they dont mind. Hope you are able to source one.

Regards,

Ren

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I agree. I'd probably go with this type as well. Did you get yours from mywatchmaker ?

Thanks

Antropa

·
Registered
189 Posts
Tried that style (double butterfly) the strap is to thick and I tried a couple different ones. The sport one from timefactors works fine and once set for your wrist size you will only be opening and closeing it. I have not seen any damage to the strap and I have been using it for years.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Frankly, I like the look of the "double butterfly" . It looks a bit cleaner, but if they are hard to find then maybe the one you have is the better option.

I wonder if Ren can shed some light.

Antropa

·
2,069 Posts
Too Thick? The strap thins out quite a bit at the ends, I would think that type would work fine? I have one like the one from Time factors and it chewed up a shark strap I had.

Regards,

Ren

·
2,069 Posts
Here is a pic that i found on the sales forum from diveluvr. The strap looks pretty thick on the deployant he sells. Maybe his would work?

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Ren, if the one you have on your strap works then I don't want to reinvent the wheel.
Did you buy it online or somwhere else ?

Also I've noticed that the orange on black Capeland S model 8329 comes with black kevlar strap and deployant buckle. I wonder if this one will work.

·
2,069 Posts
I dont have mine on deployant. I also dont own the double deployant, but I honestly dont think the strap is too thick for the one from mywatchmaker.net, Ill take a look when I get home but to my recollection the strap thins out towards the ends.

Regards,

Ren

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
OK. I misunderstood you. I'm getting my strap tomorrow confirmed. Will measure it and will go from there. I'll inquire about the buckle from 8329 model as well.

·
2,069 Posts
Glad your getting the strap. Also I took a look at mine and the ends are pretty thin so I dont understand why the strap would be too thick for the deployant clasp. You will see what I mean when you recieve yours.

Regards,

Ren

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #16 (Edited)
Got the strap. Ren you where right it's not that thick at the ends. If this strap won't feet the deployant I don't know what would. I'll be ordering the brashed double deployant from mywatchmaker. The strap measures 20mm at the ends, so I'll go for 20mm brashed one.
I'll post some pics when the whole solution comes together.

·
Registered
189 Posts
I must apologize I have two watches with black straps with yellow sticthing and both are on the same style deployant. The first is the B&M the second is my Oris Regulator and the strap on that is the very thick one. It barely fits the sport deployant.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
:) Yeah this one looks quite thick. You have quite a diver collecton happening there.
I've ordered 20mm deployant from mywatchmaker. Will see how it goes.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Just thinking outloud here. I wonder if the hardware that comes with an originar rubber band (just the lock and the piece it attaches to) can be fitted on to one of the custom made straps by Delaurian. It'll have to be completely custom made for this watch. Thick black strap with brashed hardware from the rubber band. I'll see if I can ping Sean to see what he thinks.
Any thoughts XXL owners ?

·
Registered
350 Posts
Hi Antropa!
I see that you have done alot of inquiries concerning straps to the Capeland XXL diver. Do you know the price for the rubber strap? I have the sailcloth strap (yellow stitching), but I only use rubber straps, so I'm trying to get hold of the rubber strap. Haven't found a website that sell the rubber strap yet, do you know any? BTW, hope that you find your ultimate strap for your Capeland XXL.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts