WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just a thought:

Has anyone tried using a car tint such as 3M black for "stealthing" the face of a G-Shock? This will also add a layer of scratch resistance to the face of a watch.

What do you guys think? I'm going to look at a local car tinting shop and see if they can spare a sample.

·
Registered
2,740 Posts
I think it will make everything dark, like looking through sunglasses. Likely then, everything will be harder to see.

Good luck though, interested in seeing the result.

·
Registered
2,112 Posts
I tend to agree but I wonder if the installer might have access to a really light tint that might do the trick. Although is the film used polarized???? That might be a problem............:think::think:

·
Registered
389 Posts
I wonder... does Casio use anti-glare on the crystals? :think:
One of the things that makes my Breitling face "pop" is the coolio anti-glare coating they use on the crystal. Would love to see the same thing on a G.

·
Registered
7,032 Posts
I wonder... does Casio use anti-glare on the crystals? :think:
One of the things that makes my Breitling face "pop" is the coolio anti-glare coating they use on the crystal. Would love to see the same thing on a G.

dont think casio has any anti reflective coatings :-( I know I took a oceanus back becasue it did not have it and it was very hard to read in most direct sunlight. really liked the watch but could not live with that :-( my luminox has it and never any problems :-! :-! it also depends on the size and shape of crystal.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
are u gonna tint the the front of the crystal or the back of the crystal.

sounds like a fun project. im looking forward to it :-!
I'll be tinting the top of the crystal:

- Remove bezel, put tint on top of the module (cut it to shape)
- Put back the bezel

I haven't had the time to look for a suitable tint yet.. got busy lately.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts