WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
All,

I just posted a review of the Rubber B strap for DSSD. Here is the first part of the review:

After spending time wearing the Rolex DeepSea SeaDweller (DSSD), I decided to obtain a Rubber B strap. My last Rubber B strap was a successful experience on my GMT-C so I thought a Rubber B for the DSSD was in order.

This particular Rubber B strap has three different design characteristics that separate it from the standard Rubber B strap.

The first significant difference between the original Rubber B and the model designed for the DSSD is that the newer version is designed for an Oysterlock clasp. Rather than selecting a large or small size strap, then cutting the strap to fit as is the procedure for the older Rubber B's, the Carbon DSSD strap is available in specific lengths such that the strap utilizes the bracelet screws on an Oyster clasp. The biggest advantage is that there are not any extra adjustment holes in the strap and the strap can be fitted precisely.

The rest of the review and the explanation of "strength infusion technology" with carbon fiber is here.

-Sheldon

·
Registered
432 Posts
Mate has one of those on his black dialled Daytona, they do look awesome!

·
Registered
10,072 Posts
That looks great, I'd happily put one on my DSSD. :-!

·
Registered
7,529 Posts
Thanks Sheldon,

Is it easy to take the Glidelock off the bracelet and onto the Rubber B?

I like to change regularly so I'm interested in if it's an easy process or not.

Thanks

·
Registered
360 Posts
Nice write-up and pictures! I just replaced the stainless steel bracelet with this Rubber B band and I'm really liking it! Feels well made, integrates well with the SubC shape, fits perfectly on my wrist and is super soft. Almost as nice as my Omega OEM rubber band for my POC:

SubN9300WUS-503.jpg

Reactions: mtbluger

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks Sheldon,

Is it easy to take the Glidelock off the bracelet and onto the Rubber B?

I like to change regularly so I'm interested in if it's an easy process or not.

Thanks
Yes, it's pretty easy if you have the correct 1.6mm hollow ground screwdriver, and the Bergeon 6825 tool like the one below, it pretty easy. Installing and removing the Rubber B is easy, the tougher one is removing the Rolex solid end link as that one is more tricky.
tn_BackItIN.jpg installtools.JPG
It's worth it to invest in the tools. The Bergeon 6825 saves many curse words as when done correctly, no scratches to the watch. I show the process at Minus4Plus6.com - Rubber B Watch Straps for Rolex as well.

-Sheldon

1 - 6 of 6 Posts