WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Guy's I need help!!!

When I first looked at the Caribbean GMT I wanted it - infact I'd say I'm glad I never ordered the Divingstar (or the Tudor Hydronaut I looked at 3 times whilst in Hong Kong) - but I now have a problem.......

I've filled in the pre-order link 3 times, and have cancelled it 3 times - why?, well it's all markrichardsonno9's fault (sorry dude ;-) ), if he hadn't done the mock up of the Sharky I wouldn't have this dilema!!!

I've always wanted a caribbean, and as they're pretty hard to come by at a reasonable price I thought the GMT would be the solution - but now I find myself looking at that Sharky mock-up and wondering if I should wait and get that (assuming DOXA make it!!) :-( .

So DOXA please tell us if you're gonna make the Sharky - I can't take this agonising anymore!!!!!!!

Help!!

·
Registered
1,585 Posts
OOOPPPSS Sorry Chris lol
Makes a change from the wife blaming me for EVERYTHING as usual ;-)
I,m in exactly the same boat , much as I LOVE the Caribbean gmt , I,m holding out hoping John and the guys make a Sharkie gmt , and I hope it looks just like the mock up I posted , in which case i,d be all over it in a flash !
Regards

·
Registered
1,725 Posts
Guy's I need help!!!

When I first looked at the Caribbean GMT I wanted it - infact I'd say I'm glad I never ordered the Divingstar (or the Tudor Hydronaut I looked at 3 times whilst in Hong Kong) - but I now have a problem.......

I've filled in the pre-order link 3 times, and have cancelled it 3 times - why?, well it's all markrichardsonno9's fault (sorry dude ;-) ), if he hadn't done the mock up of the Sharky I wouldn't have this dilema!!!

I've always wanted a caribbean, and as they're pretty hard to come by at a reasonable price I thought the GMT would be the solution - but now I find myself looking at that Sharky mock-up and wondering if I should wait and get that (assuming DOXA make it!!) :-( .

So DOXA please tell us if you're gonna make the Sharky - I can't take this agonising anymore!!!!!!!

Help!!
Hey Chris, Whether there will be a GMT Sharkhunter, it is all up to you folks. YOU DECIDE !

My dilemma here is we hear voices against more models. This is something I understand to a very limited extent. But we cannot stop manufacturing watches just because owners of previous models want to flip them for a couple of hundred $$ more and do not want to see new models coming up from DOXA. Please understand that we are passionate about what we do. We want to continue developing new models, work with you on the forum on every step of the their developement, also grow the DOXA family and the collection to make it the most comprehensive dive watch collection in the world.

DOXAs are rare anyway, we have manufacture 1/1000 of other brands, so your chance to run into someone weraing a DOXA in your city is almost nil. Although DOXAs hold and mostly exceed their purchase price 24 months after they were sold out. I do not recommend buying a watch only as an investement. You buy watches because you like them and you want to enjoy wearing them and if their value double within 2 years then this is just a nice side effect. I cannot agree that every new model will dilute the value of the previous model, in fact it is the opposite way round. Every new models makes a whole new meaning to the previous one.

What we promise is manufacturing limited runs with complete different case sizes, tooling etc.. This will make every model unique and valuable.

please share your opinions with us

thank you
John

·
Registered
648 Posts
Hey Chris, Whether there will be a GMT Sharkhunter, it is all up to you folks. YOU DECIDE !

My dilemma here is we hear voices against more models. This is something I understand to a very limited extent. But we cannot stop manufacturing watches just because owners of previous models want to flip them for a couple of hundred $$ more and do not want to see new models coming up from DOXA. Please understand that we are passionate about what we do. We want to continue developing new models, work with you on the forum on every step of the their developement, also grow the DOXA family and the collection to make it the most comprehensive dive watch collection in the world.

DOXAs are rare anyway, we have manufacture 1/1000 of other brands, so your chance to run into someone weraing a DOXA in your city is almost nil. Although DOXAs hold and mostly exceed their purchase price 24 months after they were sold out. I do not recommend buying a watch only as an investement. You buy watches because you like them and you want to enjoy wearing them and if their value double within 2 years then this is just a nice side effect. I cannot agree that every new model will dilute the value of the previous model, in fact it is the opposite way round. Every new models makes a whole new meaning to the previous one.

What we promise is manufacturing limited runs with complete different case sizes, tooling etc.. This will make every model unique and valuable.

please share your opinions with us

thank you
John
Hi John,

You are correct about rarity and value, you should buy a Doxa to enjoy, not as a safe queen. As you said with the limited number you produce all Doxas could be considered rare. I have a problem like Chris's I don't know which one to get. I am like a kid at a toy store who can't decide, because there are so many! And who knows what future models might be just around the corner. You guys(Doxa) make it so hard to be a customer:-!

Cheers,
Andy

·
Registered
51 Posts
Just go ahead and get the watch. You won't be sorry. I have 9 Doxas as of now. I just wear them when it strikes my fancy. Four are reissue and five are vintage. Remember, if you buy what you like, you will like what you buy. I enjoy every one of mine.:-!

·
Registered
856 Posts
You have a point. I already have a Carebbean but then, I went ahead and placed an order for the Carebbean GMT anyways.

Ideally, to have a diversified collection, I would have preferred a Sharkhunter GMT with the orange hour/orange minute hand and white gmt/white second hand.

But what if, Doxa does not make that. I will be kicking myself later on.

·
Premium Member
2,129 Posts
Buy the Caribbean GMT. If the Sharkhunter GMT comes out, you can always sell the Caribbean to pay for the Sharkie. There will always be plenty of buyers. I've yet to lose money on a Doxa.

·
Registered
648 Posts
Do what I do, flip a watch you can live without. I have a rule I try to follow, one in, one out. But it does'nt always work!

Andy

·
Registered
439 Posts
or take a step back. this is only the 1st batch.
The next batch will be next year.
you have plenty of time to think about it.
good luck.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Hi
I'm with the rest of the guys on this. Buy the Caribbean because you like it. If something does come out that is ideal, then sell the Caribbean and buy the new one. Or, as most of the other guys here do, scrape together the money and get a second, then a third, then...........

Good luck with your dilemma.

Adrian

·
Registered
319 Posts
That Caribbean GMT is the BOMB for a multi-timezone diver. I really love the blue that Doxa is using on their Caribbean series watches.

Keep it up Doxa!

:-!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts