WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,227 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all- well I got so into the posts about the possibility/not possiblity of a 5000t carib that I took popeye up on his Caribbean GMT- that blue looks nice- I have never seen or handled one- but my searambler and mili-sharkie requested a "different colored friend" so now I wait- anyone have some pics of their GMT BLUEMAN??? how are you all liking it?

·
14,572 Posts
Love my GMT Carib. Have been wearing it here in sunny San Diego all week while on vacation. Excellent watch with a nice, thick GMT bracelet.

·
Registered
1,227 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Oh J- now that is nice! I cannot tell you how much I appreciate that close up- the colors just pop and the face is so different from my others- what a steal these are even from Doxa currently you cannot get this quality, at this price- but to have something as rare as a Caribbean I am just giddy- glad to have some BLUE comin at me- is obviosuly the second button is the gmt function? and it has the outer timing option, so so nice

·
14,572 Posts
Oh J- now that is nice! I cannot tell you how much I appreciate that close up- the colors just pop and the face is so different from my others- what a steal these are even from Doxa currently you cannot get this quality, at this price- but to have something as rare as a Caribbean I am just giddy- glad to have some BLUE comin at me- is obviously the second button is the gmt function? and it has the outer timing option, so so nice
It takes just a little time for one to become accustomed to the way the GMT function and hands work. Let me assure you, once you have used it for a time, using it becomes second nature.

I agree, for the price........you cannot beat this watch.:-!

·
Registered
1,227 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Jason,
I remember when you first started posting in the forum- and maybe I am mistaken but I thought you said you had bought a DOXA for your son to keep for him? if so, how is that working, did you at least try it on or are you being really good and not touching it? I took your (I think it was you) cue and did that with a mili-sharkie and I just cannot imagine how hard it will be to hold onto it that long :)

·
Registered
11,823 Posts
Song31 said:
obviously the second button is the gmt function?
Just to clarify for you, the second crown controls the moveable chapter ring with the outer 24 hour scale. The GMT hand is worked from "position two" as is the date function. Turn clockwise to advance the date, counter clockwise to advance the GMT hand in one hour increments.

Great watch, enjoy it! :-!

·
Registered
1,227 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
ah thanks T-bone- you know I was just looking at that and thinking I may have been wrong- didnt even see the moveable chapter ring initially :) another reason I think the GMT's are priced amazingly thanks I cannot wait to get it in my hands

·
Registered
1,227 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
incidentally, there is a beautiful caribbean regular 750t with the dive helmet being raffeled elsewhere I never see too many but two in one day for big blue

·
14,572 Posts
Jason,
I remember when you first started posting in the forum- and maybe I am mistaken but I thought you said you had bought a DOXA for your son to keep for him? if so, how is that working, did you at least try it on or are you being really good and not touching it? I took your (I think it was you) cue and did that with a mili-sharkie and I just cannot imagine how hard it will be to hold onto it that long :)
Well, having as many as I do.......I have had no trouble avoiding touching his watch (a GMT Pro). In fact, I have gotten a 2005 Edition T-Graph Pro for him as well (also still in the plastic). Now, the question is------what do I do for my 3 year-old daughter:think::think::think::think: I would hate to have to buy her a different brand:oops:

I will just wait until Doxa comes out with a dive watch for women:thanks

·
Registered
319 Posts
The Doxa Caribbean GMT is the nicest looking GMT I have ever seen. I love the way it looks, and the fact that it's highly water resistant is a MAJOR plus. Wish I had one.

Love my GMT Carib. Have been wearing it here in sunny San Diego all week while on vacation. Excellent watch with a nice, thick GMT bracelet.

·
Registered
1,227 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Hello all- yeah i had a feeling Popeye would chime in- I mean here people are talking about wanting one and this SHIPMATE has two carib's come on !!!:) TMW_ lets go jump on one- I know Ill be getting an email soon offering a trade :) Jason, yeah I have a daughter Ella who was wearing my ocean7 last night in fact and that struck a light bulb then here you wrote that! haa-

·
DOXA Forum Moderator
5,729 Posts
Love my GMT Carib. Have been wearing it here in sunny San Diego all week while on vacation.
San Diego, huh? You didn't by any chance bring the diving gear?

·
14,572 Posts
San Diego, huh? You didn't by any chance bring the diving gear?
Noo|o|

I cannot talk my wife into diving in anything colder than about 80 degrees. I definitely would have gone, and have even considered going to the local dive shop and renting equipment. Maybe I could just hang around the shop and look sad and a dive partner would take pity on me. Jmoors discussed diving the Pacific with me at the CC convention and it sounds REALLY different from anything I have ever done.

Maybe next time;-)

·
Registered
11,823 Posts
Further clarification, and a correction :oops:. The "first" crown, that controls the watch settings is the one at 4:00. The top one is for the chapter ring.

As to direction, I was backwards :-d. It's clockwise for the GMT hand in one hour increments, and counter clockwise for the date. Hadn't worn mine in awhile, it's on for a time test for three days now b-).

1 - 17 of 17 Posts