WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
14,594 Posts
Purty! One of the very best looking combos ever! Congrats! |> |> |>

Paul
That is a GREAT looking combo. I have seen Scottie's set up just that way and I have to say..............I am not a strap guy, but that is one strap I would wear:-!:-!

·
DOXA Forum Moderator
5,729 Posts
That is a GREAT looking combo. I have seen Scottie's set up just that way and I have to say..............I am not a strap guy, but that is one strap I would wear:-!:-!
What, Scottie still owns a DOXA?:-d:-d

·
Registered
813 Posts
What, Scottie still owns a DOXA?:-d:-d
Haha..........real funny:-d! And the answer is yes. I still have the GMT and the Deco. Nice pics by the way of the Searaider DiveTrip :-!. I wish I could've been there but Jason had me working to make him more watch money:-x.

All of my watch money is now going into this:

·
Registered
1,517 Posts
Scottie - Nice Jeep.

I just got the Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon in Black....the mil sharkie I just got looks great with it!

Todd

·
DOXA Forum Moderator
5,729 Posts
Scottie, that's an awesome rig!! Nice touch with the AEV wheels and MT tires.|> It doesn't look like Jason's the only one making the money.;-)

If I would have waited one more year, instead of driving this.......

I'd be driving the same thing that you are right now. Before the Hummer, I was driving an '02 Wrangler Sport, but I needed something a bit more kid friendly. The Hummer was the closest thing I could get to a four door Jeep.

The Hummer is a great rig, but there's noting like being able to pop the top on a Jeep.:-!

·
14,594 Posts
Before the Hummer, I was driving an '02 Wrangler Sport, but I needed something a bit more kid friendly................................. there's noting like being able to pop the top on a Jeep.:-!

Funny, I had an '02 Wrangler Sport. I got rid of it for the exact same reason. My brother bought it from me under one condition...........I have the first right of refusal if he ever decides to sell it|>

·
DOXA Forum Moderator
5,729 Posts
Funny, I had an '02 Wrangler Sport. I got rid of it for the exact same reason. My brother bought it from me under one condition...........I have the first right of refusal if he ever decides to sell it|>
Mine was Solar Yellow and I sold mine to my father in law for him to leave down in Florida.We have the same deal but I've pretty much moved on.

When the time comes for another Jeep, it'll be a 4-door like Scotties. Mine will be a Detonator Yellow, Rubicon w/ dual hard and soft tops. :-!

·
Registered
844 Posts
great looking watch

had one for a while and sold it as another "keeper" came up. The keeper is now gone and I may have to find another Carribean GMT. lol.

·
Registered
349 Posts
Haha..........real funny:-d! And the answer is yes. I still have the GMT and the Deco. Nice pics by the way of the Searaider DiveTrip :-!. I wish I could've been there but Jason had me working to make him more watch money:-x.

All of my watch money is now going into this:

Scottie,

I've been looking at a Wrangler Unlimited for a couple of months now. If my Year End bonus is anything more that a Jelly of the Month Club, I may pull the trigger. Yours looks great; I can't afford the Saharah, but it'll be cool to have a large 4 door convertible.

Dave, great combo with Mr. Wong's strap. I have that same combo.

·
Registered
350 Posts
Hi Dave,

They are nice, got one for my Dad, he never takes it off.
When it arrived I did consider adding it to my collection:think: the blue and orange is just great

cheers
Peter D

·
Registered
533 Posts
I'm looking at getting myself a four door hard top in green in a few months. Funny, we have the same taste in watches and cars. ;-)

·
DOXA Forum Moderator
5,729 Posts
I'm looking at getting myself a four door hard top in green in a few months. Funny, we have the same taste in watches and cars. ;-)
Jeep or Rescue?:think:

·
Registered
170 Posts
Any more of these GMT's for sale?

·
Registered
1,901 Posts
OK, question for you Jeep guys: how's the ride quality of the 4-door Wrangler versus the 2-door? I drove the 2-door briefly a few years ago and while fun, I hated the way it handled on the freeway. Mostly due to the short wheel base, I believe. Since the 4-door is longer, has it significantly improved the way it handles at higher speeds?

The lease on my current ride (Dodge Stratus) ends in August and I'll need to replace it with a 4wd due to the winter and terrain where I now live. I've been considering the 4-door Wrangler. Any thoughts positive or negative are appreciated!

Paul

·
14,594 Posts
OK, question for you Jeep guys: how's the ride quality of the 4-door Wrangler versus the 2-door? I drove the 2-door briefly a few years ago and while fun, I hated the way it handled on the freeway. Mostly due to the short wheel base, I believe. Since the 4-door is longer, has it significantly improved the way it handles at higher speeds?

The lease on my current ride (Dodge Stratus) ends in August and I'll need to replace it with a 4wd due to the winter and terrain where I now live. I've been considering the 4-door Wrangler. Any thoughts positive or negative are appreciated!

Paul
Paul, I drove Scottie's 4d Wrangler a bit. It does seem to handle a little better than my '02 Wrangler 2d. I know what you mean about the short wheel-base. Mine would turn on a dime. One thing to remember though.........The new 4d does still handle and ride like a jeep, even though I think it is better than previous models. Actually, I REALLY like the ride of a jeep. I have every intention to fix up my old '83 CJ and paint it Doxa orange. I have even been trying to decide if I should get the Jenny Logo painted on the hood or not:think::think::-d:-d:-d

1 - 20 of 23 Posts