WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I like the look of the special edition Carl Brashear but having difficulty locating a place to buy one. Any recs

·
Registered
722 Posts
A little over a month ago I spent a week calling dealers and contacts including Rob all over the country, searching in vain for a new Carl Brashear. They came out last summer and sold pretty quickly per the folks I talked to.
The very next day after I gave up a used one popped up for sale here and I snatched it up quickly. Keep watching the Sales Corner and don't hesitate when one becomes available.
I have five bronze watches and the Oris is the most beautiful and elegant.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks. I did see that one you are mentioning but was a bit weary as there is a no return policy.

·
Registered
429 Posts
im kicking myself for not jumping on one when they were first offered. Ive called a few places and couldnt find one, now im watching watch recon to see if one comes available in the USA

·
Registered
722 Posts
Thanks. I did see that one you are mentioning but was a bit weary as there is a no return policy.
I'll give you some slack since you're a new member. What you want is a limited edition of 2000 pieces that went on sale almost a year ago. The chance of finding a new one at a dealer is almost zero at this point. Used, or new from a grey marketer are pretty much your only choices. Unless you can meet them face to face to see the watch first, a return policy isn't likely to happen.
my used one was around six months old and aside from a bit of patina was essentially new. Happy to have it.

·
Registered
214 Posts
As far as I know, these are sold out (or pretty damn close to it). I owned one a few months ago, and it was sourced from a local Jared's jewelry.

Your best bet would probably be to set up an alert on Watchrecon.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts