WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 191 Posts

·
Registered
4,470 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm on the hunt for an affordable watch with tritium tubes. I'm looking for something a little more restrained than most such watches. I mean - no big divers or very tactical/military looking watches. Something like Ball Red Label, which is great (looks like Omega Aqua Terra with tritium), but not really affordable.

So I discovered Carnival brand on the (in)famous Chinese webstore. They have several slightly different models that seem quite nice. The specs are OK (200 m WR, sapphire/hardlex crystal, size 39 x 11 mm, Ronda quartz) and the price is very affordable, $100.

My first question is - does anybody knows (or has) these watches? Any hint about the quality?

-font-b-Tritium-b-font-light-font-b-watch-b-font-military-dive-sport-waterproof.jpg

My second question is - is there a better alternative? Nite Icon is pretty close to what I'm looking for, perhaps only a little on the big size (44 mm). And I wouldn't mind something a little more affordable (Nite is around $500).
precat_icon.jpg

·
Registered
4,038 Posts
Those are $625 on eBay. Seems steep for a brand I've never heard of.

·
Registered
4,038 Posts

·
Registered
36,311 Posts
Marathon GSAR 41mm new version with 15 Tritium tubes including on sweep second hand. ETA 2824-2 movement and Made in La Chaux de Fonds, Switzerland.

Tritium tubes.

·
Registered
7,800 Posts
I actually quite like that Carnival. Stupid name for a watch company though, IMO.
As for other suggestions, maybe look at ArmourLite or Praetorian. I've owned models from both, and they were well done.

·
Registered
4,470 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Carnival arrived today. I must say it's a surprisingly good watch for $98 (which in EU translates into 105 € after taxes). Tritium tubes work like advertised, case and bracelet look just fine. I'm not so sure about the advertised 200m WR (crown is not a screw-down type) or sapphire crystal. Anyway, so far so good and it looks like the gamble with completely unknown brand and watch (I couldn't find a single users photo or review on the net) paid off.
carnival.jpg

·
Registered
249 Posts
This brand has been in my list of possible future purchases for a long time, so thanks for the pictures!

·
Registered
4,038 Posts
I love all the mistakes in the instruction manual. What the heck is "sinteredinto wearresistance"? lol

·
Registered
201 Posts
Just want to warn anyone who orders this watch threw alibaba or .........s. (Which as far as I know is the only way to get it) Google the sites and all the scam complaints. Basically you can't return the watch if you don't like it unless the seller offers "returns extra guarantee"

·
Registered
1,772 Posts
Carnival arrived today. I must say it's a surprisingly good watch for $98 (which in EU translates into 105 € after taxes). Tritium tubes work like advertised, case and bracelet look just fine. I'm not so sure about the advertised 200m WR (crown is not a screw-down type) or sapphire crystal. Anyway, so far so good and it looks like the gamble with completely unknown brand and watch (I couldn't find a single users photo or review on the net) paid off.
View attachment 2497346
How'd this watch work for you? Did it end up being worth the price?

Found them on eBay (look for Carnival Watch), for just over $100 USD...

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi all first time poster long time browser. This is my Carnival watch. I put it on 3 different watch bands. Its actually a really decent watch for about 100 bucks on ebay. It kinda reminds me of a Timex Expedition, but with kick arse tritium tubs. I hope you can see the photos, it was tricky for me to upload them. Any way if you have any questions about this watch let me know.

Attachments

·
Banned
2,835 Posts
I seriously looked into getting a watch with the tritium tubes. When I found out that they dont last as long as regular lume, the point of it all got lost. I would rather just go with Indiglo if I want a watch that can be seen at nite 100% of the time.

·
Registered
4,038 Posts
I seriously looked into getting a watch with the tritium tubes. When I found out that they dont last as long as regular lume, the point of it all got lost. I would rather just go with Indiglo if I want a watch that can be seen at nite 100% of the time.
What do you mean they don't last as long as regular lume? Are you speaking of the tritium half-life or are you talking about at night when you want to tell time?

1 - 20 of 191 Posts