WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 66 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,

I'm into buying my first "expensive" watch. I'm 27 years old and I'm working in marketing agency. I will wear my watch daily. I'm choosing between CAR2110.BA0720 and CV2A10.BA0796 and 2200.50.00. I know that two of them are different type (one isn't chronograph) but I still don't know. They all make me happy when I put it on. Maybe day/date is too sporty for my feeling. Do you maybe know when Carrera 1887 will be available?

What do you think? Any opinion will be appreciate ;-)

Attachments

·
Registered
1,545 Posts
Hi guys,

I'm into buying my first "expensive" watch. I'm 27 years old and I'm working in marketing agency. I will wear my watch daily. I'm choosing between CAR2110.BA0720 and CV2A10.BA0796 and 2200.50.00. I know that two of them are different type (one isn't chronograph) but I still don't know. They all make me happy when I put it on. Maybe day/date is too sporty for my feeling. Do you maybe know when Carrera 1887 will be available?

My opinion is absolutly sure, 1887!!

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Anyone know when 1887 will be available? I think 1887 will look bigger because of narrower bezel, which I like.

·
Registered
165 Posts
The 1887 and the PO have a classic look that will last for ever (day/date can't stay in my mind longer than 3 sec, too busy dial for me) and would be in my consideration.
I see the 1887 as a little bit classier than PO and would go with that for the first one.
Hack, If you can, buy both, if not you can't go wrong with either...
Just took what speeks too You the most, forget what people say!

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
The 1887 and the PO have a classic look that will last for ever (day/date can't stay in my mind longer than 3 sec, too busy dial for me) and would be in my consideration.
I see the 1887 as a little bit classier than PO and would go with that for the first one.
Hack, If you can, buy both, if not you can't go wrong with either...
Just took what speeks too You the most, forget what people say!
Do you know maybe if 1887 is thick as CV2010? Because I like thicker watches. Hmm, I must really think about it, biggest problem here is that I can't try it because it isn't available right now.

·
Registered
18,176 Posts
I can't see them on your wrist. You can. Pick the one that makes you smile the most.

·
Registered
1,030 Posts
I can't see them on your wrist. You can. Pick the one that makes you smile the most.
+1. It's the test that matters.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Do you know maybe if 1887 is thick as CV2010? Because I like thicker watches. Hmm, I must really think about it, biggest problem here is that I can't try it because it isn't available right now.
This is all the press info they send me so I wouldn't know for sure. I think it is as thick as the old version but I could be wrong.

Movement
TAG Heuer Calibre 1887 – Manufacture movement – Automatic Chronograph - Date
Dial
· Black or silver dial with 3 counters:
o chronograph hour at 6 o’clock
o running second at 9 o’clock
o chronograph minute at 12 o’clock
· Hand-applied faceted indexes
· Polished finished hands
· Hour and minute hands with luminescent markers
· Monochrome TAG Heuer logo
· “CARRERA – CAL. 1887 – SWISS MADE” lettering on the dial
· Date at 6 o’clock
Case
· Case diameter: 41mm
· Polished steel case
· Domed sapphire crystal with double-sided antireflective treatment
· Fine brushed and polished bezel with Tachymetre scale
· Polished crown and push-buttons
· Scratch resistant sapphire caseback
· Water resistance: 100 m
Bracelet
· 5-row alternate fine-brushed and polished steel bracelet
OR
· Black alligator strap
· Solid steel folding clasp with safety push buttons

·
Registered
1,030 Posts
As I already said, I can't try 1887 because it's not available yet.
I'd wait until the 1887 comes out. Try it on, then decide. If you buy before then it could set you up for disappointment.

·
Registered
1,030 Posts
The wait can be a killer, I know. The 1887 looks like it will be much more elegant than the day/date which is too big and way too busy for my tastes. I've tried to love the PO but it just does not get my juices moving.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
The wait can be a killer, I know. The 1887 looks like it will be much more elegant than the day/date which is too big and way too busy for my tastes.
Exactly! But it's better to wait because I might be interesting in 1887. Day/date it's not too big for my taste, I like it, but yes, I don't like it because it's maybe too busy and too sporty. If 1887 will be thick as Carrera which I think will be and because of thinner bezel more "bigger" then will be defenitely my choise!

·
Registered
239 Posts
Hi guys,

To me the planet ocean is dull.

The 1887 looks to be a sleek, elegant watch whereas the day/date is more sporty and IMO will be regarded as a TAG Heuer classic in years to come.

Ultimately the only person who can answer your question is you. I own two carrera's and will be buying a third before the end of the year, Im extremely happy with them. Let us know what you decide on.

1 - 20 of 66 Posts