WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know this my be a silly question but here goes. In looking at pics at the back of the 1887 on the web and comparing them to mine, the lettering on the case doesn't "line up" with say the crown. Compared to a lot of pics I have seen. For example the word "automatic" is close to my crown yet in many pics I have seen it isn't. I bought it new from am AD so i know it is not a fake. Is this common? I have a V2 white dial.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,773 Posts
The threads line up differently on every case back so when it gets screwed in, it will face a different direction on most watches. Same thing with the screw down crown, it depends on how the signing is done in relation to the threads. All in all its perfectly normal and you have a great watch so enjoy it!

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The threads line up differently on every case back so when it gets screwed in, it will face a different direction on most watches. Same thing with the screw down crown, it depends on how the signing is done in relation to the threads. All in all its perfectly normal and you have a great watch so enjoy it!
Thanks.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts