WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,

This is David and I am planing to purchase my first Tag Heuer watch.

I am tossing up between Carrera Calibre 5 Day Date (Rose Gold Edition) and Calibre 7 Twin Time.

As this is my first automatic watch, I think both watches are simple to operate but, I am not sure the difference between Calibre 5 and Calibre 7 movement. Can you please explain the difference?

It will be also great if you are able to leave recommendation.

CARRERA Calibre 5 Day-Date Automatic Watch 41 mm Black Alligator skin bracelet | TAG Heuer

CARRERA Calibre 7 Twin Time Automatic Watch 41 mm Anthracite Steel bracelet | TAG Heuer

Cheers,
David

·
Registered
435 Posts
Hi David -

Welcome to WUS! I used to own a Calibre 7 Twin-Time Anthracite until a few weeks ago. Gorgeous watch. Movement is top-of-the-range ETA, very accurate with power reserve of about 40 hours (about..). I believe the Calibre 5 is housed in a similar casing, both highly polished and beautifully finished. The Calibre 7 has a second hour hand for a second time zone (it's a GMT watch if you like) whereas the Calibre 5 should be a single-time with day and date complication. Both should be fine, operationally easy to use. If you require a second time zone indicator I would recommend the Twin-Time, otherwise the Calibre 5 should be sufficient.

Both watches are priced slightly on the high side compared to other similar watches carrying ETA movements but the finishing and quality should justify the higher price.

I would suggest trying both on your wrist before purchasing. The Twin-Time at 41mm felt really good on my wrist (I have a 7.4 inch wrist).

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank for your reply. Much appreciated. My heart says Calibre 7, instead of Calibre 5 Day-Date. However, I need to make a decision between Carrera and Aquaracer.... so annoyed to be an indecisive!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts