WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone, I'm new here but I've researched a lot on this forum before deciding on my watch. I've had my Carrera Chrono for about a year now and I haven't had any issues with it until yesterday. The watch had been sitting around for a while so it needed to be wound.

After doing this I tried to adjust the date and it would not switch over the date, so I manually wound it by moving the hands through the 24 hours until the date changed. Then I noticed that the date would switch forward when the hands passed approx. 3:30 not at 12:00 as it should. If I wind the hands counter clockwise, it switches the date back at approx. 12:30 not at 12:00. Now I can't get the date calibration back to normal. Is there a way to recalibrate it? Or do I need to bring it into a AD for repair?

The watch keeps the time correctly but just not the date. I tried to change the date at around 11:00am, not during the "danger" zone that the manual indicates. Any advice would be great. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
some of the 7750 movements change late on the date change[around 1 or 2], also make sure when you used quick set on the date sometimes you have to move the stem some[in and out] to get the date to change. i dont think it's good to back up the watch through a date change, but i have heard other's doing this without a problem. if it's only a year old you still have some warranty left,

1 - 2 of 2 Posts