WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Dear all,

I would like to know if this watch I purchased is fake or real.

I thank you in advance for your time and help!

Kind regards.

·
Premium Member
15,475 Posts
Where did you buy it and how much?

There'll never be a cure for. 'Buy Now and Ask Later Syndrom'.
assuming that is actually the case.

some would even say that these are test balloons.

that said, i will give the OP the benefit of the doubt.

OP, why are you doubting the authenticity of the watch? Do you have the watch in hand already?

·
Registered
35,412 Posts
Where from? How much? Box/papers? Provinence is king.

Reactions: Michael Maddan

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Where from? How much? Box/papers? Provinence is king.
Thanks Genetlemen!

I fully agree with you. I should have asked before. It is just that it was the birthday of my wife, and I did not know what to buy. Now I regret it.
I bought it in Catawiki, for 900 eur.
It came with no papers, and with a little red leather pouch that says "Cartier International Service".
I received it yesterday yes.

This was the description:
Cartier - Must de Cartier 21 - Ref. 9010 - Women - 2000-2010
  • Quartz - Gold-plated, Steel - Cartier travel pouch
  • A Cartier Must de Cartier ladies wristwatch with original steel / goldplated bracelet with Cartier signed double folding clasp.
  • Watch comes with a Cartier travel pouch and is offered at NO RESERVE.
  • The steel polished case in excellent condition. Size is 28mm x 32mm, excluding crown.
  • The crown has the cabochon stone. Bezel with mint gold numerals. Crystal without any scratches. Creme dial signed below 12. Blued steel hands. Dial with some signs of wear.
  • Back of the watch correctly signed with brandname and type- / procuction-number.
  • Cartier signed quartz movement runs excellent on time.
  • Watch comes on the Cartier signed steel / goldplated bracelet and will fit a wrist up to 16,5cm.
  • The gold / steel bracelet is adjustable by adding or removing the screwed links. Bracelet has the Cartier signed double deployant folding clasp.

In the back of the watch you can see "Must de Cartier" but it is very hard to see, please see picture3.

I really thank you for your opinion and time on this.

·
Premium Member
15,475 Posts
The Must de Cartier pieces i have seen have hallmarks at the back indicating that it is Gold Plated Silver. I have yet to see a Gold Plated Steel one. That doesn’t mean there isnt one. And the ones i have seen are all rectangular.

·
Registered
136 Posts
I would suggest you take it to an authorised Cartier retailer for authentication, there will be no doubt then and they might appraise the value at the same time for insurance purposes.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts