WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi!
My watch is pictured below

My boss gave me a Cartier Tank Francaise for Christmas last year in perfect condition, but without a working battery. He received a few in exchange for a gold Rolex he had from a local high end jewelry store. Of course, he gave me the one without the original Sapphire stone. It also doesn't have the original case because I'm sure the jeweler received it without one.

I am wondering how much it would be worth considering the battery is not working and there is a pink stone vs. sapphire. I'm not even sure what the stone is.

Any ideas I would appreciate!

·
Registered
2,414 Posts
I can't help with a valuation, but if your boss was kind enough to gift you a beautiful Cartier watch, I'd advise getting a battery and wearing it.

·
Moderator Emeritus
55,412 Posts
An AD will be more than happy to assist you. Based on this pic I think nobody can tell if you got the real thing. Cabochon and crown look suspicious to me.

·
Registered
412 Posts
The stone is suspicious to me, and I don't see one of the Cartier signatures on the dial. There is usually a very small "Cartier" written diagonally in the small leg of the V in the VII (7); I don't see it. An AD will be able to confirm. That could greatly impact the value of the watch. Take care!

·
Registered
152 Posts
There were Tank Francaises fitted with this colour cabochon . Mostly with pink or MOP dial. Also, those dials didn't have the Cartier signature on V, just on X as the one in this topic.
As everyone said, take it to a watchmaker and if it's the real thing, just get the battery replaced and wear it in good health.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts