WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I GOT a swiss cylindre 8 rubie i need help on who made the case to get a date on the watch only mint mark in the wtach back case is JC over the #1 its a 34.925 mm width case and is 41.275 mm from the crown, 28.900119999999997 mm face number is in low 3000 , one guy give me a range 1870 to 1890 and thanks

Attachments

·
Registered
1,355 Posts
Most Swiss watches from the 19th century are a riddle wrapped up in an enigma as they are not signed on the movement or case. The movement is useful in determining an approximate age based on its design and a sharp close-up of your movement would help with an ID.

·
Zenith Forum Co-moderator
17,889 Posts
What I meant is the tiny pictorial hallmarks on the inside of the outer back cover. These usually help identifying age and provenance. I have no experience there but others here do. They would need good, clear pictures, though.....

Hartmut Richter

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
HATE TO to ask so many questions , i cant get a good image of the JC1 marking other than that is the real small # scribs of the watch jelwer#s marks. as i was always told thats where it been worked on, i dont have a cam that good but i can read them with my eyes and there is 12 of them

1 - 7 of 7 Posts