WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,
trivial question: I have a case fit for an ETA2824 that the seller says it's compatible with dials 28-28.5mm in diameter.

Do you think I can get away with a 27mm dial? Or do you think that 1-1.5mm difference will be enough to show up at the dial borders?

Thank you in advance!

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
Its not just about the movement
If
Inner diameter (shafts hole)
Date window(s) position
Pin positions are correct.
You probably can do much with a rehaut, movement fixture and case geometry. If all are free to be designed you can have other dimensions as long as the wall thickness and tige height will match and the environmental functions are given..

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you for your answer, maybe my question was not clear or I am missing something in your answer...

- I have a case for ETA2824 that is OK for 28-28.5mm dials
- I have a ETA2824 and a 28mm dial made for ETA2824
- I am wondering wether a 27mm dial, also made for ETA2824, could be OK too, or if it would be too small for this case.

Thank you in advance.

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
What I said .. you either would implement a rehaut .. perhaps with a rubber ring in a surrounding groove to keep it in place or to be screwed on the dial (customized or DIY).. or you will accept a visible gap of about 0.5 to 0.7 all around the dial. Since the dial covering sholder would not be made that wide. If you cant , accept or do one of both you should find a proper dial which fits exactly..

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
What I said .. you either would implement a rehaut .. perhaps with a rubber ring in a surrounding groove to keep it in place or to be screwed on the dial (customized or DIY).. or you will accept a visible gap of about 0.5 to 0.7 all around the dial. Since the dial covering sholder would not be made that wide. If you cant , accept or do one of both you should find a proper dial which fits exactly..
Apologies, I've re-read everything and understood what you meant in the first reply.
Thank you for taking the time and for your help!
Cheers.

·
Registered
754 Posts
I don't think the dial needs to fit exactly in the case, but there should not be any visible gaps in between the dial and the interior diameter of the case. If there is no visible gap between them, the movement/dial assembly can be fixed inside the case with an appropriate movement ring.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts