WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
181 - 200 of 220 Posts

· Registered
2,064 Posts
Discussion Starter · #182 · (Edited)
Since this is a 250 pieces locked production, LE as in Limited Edition should have been a must on the caseback IMHO.
What he said up thar. LE one of 250 or whatever.
@docvail is there potential to get the casebacks individually numbered i.e. xxx/250 ? I think I remember seeing something about them being laser engraved
They can be, it would on the edge of the caseback like this:

· Registered
4,401 Posts
Thanks for all your great work - looks perfect!
Regards
Robt

Hi guys. The committee have approved the last render here.
We could go on 'til the cows come home and keep changing things, but it's time to start locking things down.
Thanks everyone for your thoughts and ideas, you have been invaluable!

We're calling the caseback done!

Sent from my
"For WATCHES there's always time"

· Vendor
30,744 Posts
Individual numbering (ie, XXX/250) is pricey if you do it as part of the text around the caseback design, because it means each piece has to be individually stamped/etched/engraved.

That's why I don't do it that way. Instead, I ask the factory to laser-engrave the serial number of each watch around the lip of the caseback:

Metal Silver Coin Platinum Silver

Note the 001 at about the 5 o'clock position on the edge.

· Registered
80 Posts
I'm definitely ok with engraving it. Individual casebacks would add up very quickly I assume. Now the big question is how do we figure out who gets 007

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

· Registered
4,820 Posts
I'm definitely ok with engraving it. Individual casebacks would add up very quickly I assume. Now the big question is how do we figure out who gets 007

We can't reserve serial numbers.

But if we were able to pick who gets it, it should be Synaptyx.

· Vendor
30,744 Posts

Please don't start that again.

Typically, serial numbers are sent out randomly. With most models, I'll keep an eye out for 001 as I'm doing QC, and pull it out for my own collection. I am aware that people have asked how to manage 007 here, and I've made some suggestions about it to the committee. Let's let them figure it out.

· Registered
80 Posts
Not trying to stir anything up or reserve anything specific. Just figured that one would be the "get" besides 001 which I assumed would go to someone on the committee. Just throwing it out there for maybe a raffle or something. Entry fees could help pay for shipping if it's not included or something.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

· Vendor
30,744 Posts
Not trying to stir anything up or reserve anything specific. Just figured that one would be the "get" besides 001 which I assumed would go to someone on the committee. Just throwing it out there for maybe a raffle or something. Entry fees could help pay for shipping if it's not included or something.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Sorry, mate. I didn't mean to sound harsh, if I did.

These projects always bring about a lot of suggestions from the crowd, many regarding things the committee is already discussing, so sometimes there's a public discussion about something we'd rather discuss privately.

Unfortunately, sometimes the public discussion progresses at a much faster pace. Before you know it the crowd's decided what color the date wheel will be, how many jewels will be on the bezel, that the whole thing will come in a velvet pouch, etc, etc. Meanwhile the committee's still on "how are we going to order the votes?"

The numbering thing isn't something the crowd needs to worry about, is all I'm saying.

· Registered
9,609 Posts
Look in the upper left corner of every page on this forum. It is the WUS logo. Not a stupid question, but a newby question.

Stupid question,

What does the "W" in the crosshairs mean?

Sorry, I just joined this project...

Very fun stuff.
Well done Amigos... well done.

· Registered
8,605 Posts
This is what I was thinking, too. It would look weird upside down under the W.
I think I was misunderstood. The point i raised was to have the logo read "up" from the center of the caseback, rather than from the edge of the caseback, i.e., the bottom of the logo is nearest the center, not the edge. All other parts read from the center, so I was hoping to maintain constancy.

· Registered
2,064 Posts
Discussion Starter · #195 ·
I think I was misunderstood. The point i raised was to have the logo read "up" from the center of the caseback, rather than from the edge of the caseback, i.e., the bottom of the logo is nearest the center, not the edge. All other parts read from the center, so I was hoping to maintain constancy.
I do understand what you're saying, but the layout is interpretable in different ways due to it being circular.

Sent from my

· Registered
2,064 Posts
Discussion Starter · #198 ·
As previously stated, this is the central core running down through the design.

Orbis non sufficit

-W-

-F71-

If you turn the F71 upside down to match the informational text it breaks that top down core.

Have a look at casebacks on google. There are many and they are each completely different, with different stylistic choices, including central cores with surrounding text. Of course, there are as many that have different choices.

181 - 200 of 220 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.