WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
201 - 220 of 220 Posts

· Registered
8,597 Posts
Okay, what's the acronym for "I'm a Dumb A$$"? Now I understand what you've been patiently explaining! Duh.

Fellow Thickheads: However the watch happens to be oriented while you're looking at the caseback, adjust it so the latin phrase is at the top, and you will have the W aligned on the same axis, as well as the F71 logo. I missed the point earlier because I wasn't thinking about the W as part of the outer ring alignment.

As previously stated, this is the central core running down through the design.

Orbis non sufficit

-W-

-F71-

If you turn the F71 upside down to match the informational text it breaks that top down core.

Have a look at casebacks on google. There are many and they are each completely different, with different stylistic choices, including central cores with surrounding text. Of course, there are as many that have different choices.

· Registered
4,810 Posts
Okay, what's the acronym for "I'm a Dumb A$$"? Now I understand what you've been patiently explaining! Duh.

Fellow Thickheads: However the watch happens to be oriented while you're looking at the caseback, adjust it so the latin phrase is at the top, and you will have the W aligned on the same axis, as well as the F71 logo. I missed the point earlier because I wasn't thinking about the W as part of the outer ring alignment.
Bingo.

As Synaptyx has noted, this is a done deal, friends. The vote we'd initially planned was between center designs. The text around the edge has always been in the committee's discretion. We appreciate the feedback we've received. With no competing center designs, there won't be a vote, and the caseback is done!

· Registered
1,273 Posts
Just curious, will there be serial numbers and if so where will they be placed. If it was mentioned before in the thread I apologize. I didn't have enough time and besides I'm too lazy to go thru the whole thread. Thanks!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

· Registered
106 Posts
Individual numbering (ie, XXX/250) is pricey if you do it as part of the text around the caseback design, because it means each piece has to be individually stamped/etched/engraved.

That's why I don't do it that way. Instead, I ask the factory to laser-engrave the serial number of each watch around the lip of the caseback:

View attachment 5613449

Note the 001 at about the 5 o'clock position on the edge.
For the lazy people around

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

· Registered
575 Posts
I agree, great to see how the rendering process developed. The case-back look terrific, It looks like I will have to consider getting both dial colours now.
Hi guys. The committee have approved the last render here.
We could go on 'til the cows come home and keep changing things, but it's time to start locking things down.
Thanks everyone for your thoughts and ideas, you have been invaluable!

We're calling the caseback done!

Sent from my

· Registered
108 Posts
That is a fine caseback that I'll be happy to wear. It has just about everything you could want:

-Correct # of rifiling lands for the Walther PPK in the proper R-hand twist with the correct amount of rotation (124 degrees).
-The WUS logo as the target for the barrel.
-F71 and Automatic on the back so there is less temptation to clutter the dial.
-Yet another Bond nod with the family motto.
-All the tech particulars you could ever want.
I couldn't agree more. I really appreciate the thought and execution (fantastic work synaptyx!) that's gone into this. The incorporation of meaningful bits in an artistic manner is really well done!

201 - 220 of 220 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.