WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I see a lot of discussion and tutorial how to avoid scratching caseback when opening screw type caseback.
But that is not I want to know.
I had a bit different case with my watch, which got not scratch, but notch deformed just a little bit probably by strong pressure of opening tool's claw when screwing to open, particularly when it's tight.
I checked backs of my other watches and photos in some website, and found many of them have similar deforms with notches.
Is that common and almost unavoidable ? and do you mind it ?

· Registered
413 Posts
I see a lot of discussion and tutorial how to avoid scratching caseback when opening screw type caseback.
But that is not I want to know.
I had a bit different case with my watch, which got not scratch, but notch deformed just a little bit probably by strong pressure of opening tool's claw when screwing to open, particularly when it's tight.
I checked backs of my other watches and photos in some website, and found many of them have similar deforms with notches.
Is that common and almost unavoidable ? and do you mind it ?
Caseback on which watch? Vector?

· Registered
413 Posts
Not about specific watch, but is about every watch with screw type case back.
The only one that comes to mind is that of the Suunto Vector, since it’s made of plastic. I use a large coin to open mine, and so far I haven’t caused any major damage to the caseback, but I did buy some spares from the Suunto website store just in case. More importantly, you have to make sure the O-ring isn’t damaged with each battery change.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.