WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi,

Do anyone has an idea why every casio watches that displayed in the advertisement show the same day, date and time? Sun 30 6, 10:58 and 50 sec.... why why? special day in casio history or what?

Thanks

·
Registered
29,512 Posts
hi,

Do anyone has an idea why every casio watches that displayed in the advertisement show the same day, date and time? Sun 30 6, 10:58 and 50 sec.... why why? special day in casio history or what?

Thanks
I can see why they chose a number like 10:58, but don't know why they chose the day and date.

The hours had to be 10,11, or 12 because it would look better than a single digit number. 12 is an awkward number because of people using / not using the 24-hour clock (which also rules out 13 - 23), and 10 looks better than 11.

One of the minute numerals had to be an 8, to make maximum use of the digit segments. 5 translates into digital form better than most numbers, which may explain why it's 58 rather than, say, 28.

I don't have a theory for the seconds!

·
Registered
394 Posts
I can see why they chose a number like 10:58, but don't know why they chose the day and date.

The hours had to be 10,11, or 12 because it would look better than a single digit number. 12 is an awkward number because of people using / not using the 24-hour clock (which also rules out 13 - 23), and 10 looks better than 11.

One of the minute numerals had to be an 8, to make maximum use of the digit segments. 5 translates into digital form better than most numbers, which may explain why it's 58 rather than, say, 28.

It's almost a palindromic number, sans 1, :think: Just a shot in the dark.:-d

·
Moderator G-Shock Forum
21,586 Posts

Wow Tribe,

That is some clever philosophy. The palindrome (-1) also makes sence. People like symetry, like woth the 13:50 hands with analoge dial, to get a smiling face.

Cheers,

Sjors

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thanks!:-!

·
Registered
5,160 Posts
Yeah, I've wondered about this. It looks to me that Casio worked out a configuration which showed off the display/features to their fullest. By using it on every model, it would make it easier for buyers to compare displays too. :think:

·
Registered
2,744 Posts
Way to revive an OLD thread!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts