WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello.

I recently bought a Casio AMW 380 from eBay. The watch itself went for $56, and I paid $15 more for the shipping. I think that this price is pretty moderate for such a watch. The Casio AMW380 is a newer version (or variation) of the classic AMW330. I have the watch for around two weeks, and want to share my impressions so far.

The watch sports a chronograph mechanism that comprised of 3 dials: a micro-seconds count dial, a seconds count dial, a minutes count dial. The chronograph functions is started by the upper right button, while the lower right button controls the "lap" mode and resets the chronograph. Other than that, it has a rotation bi-directional bezel that has 360 degrees marks on it, when the 0 mark shows "North" (N). Unlike proper dive watches, and regardless this is a "dive-styled" watch, this bezel is probably "meant to" help find the north (of course it's mainly for the looks). It has a small date complication of the right side (3 hours mark) of the watch. The crown is a normal crown, not a screw-down one. The watch rates as a 100 meters water resistant.

As for the looks, the dial is ivory coloured. It is officially "white", but has a greyish/silverish tint. The hours indices are applied, and look great. The bezel insert is black, on top of the metallic bezel. In my opinion, the watch is just beautiful. The dial, while having the chronograph and date complications, is still pretty simple and elegant. The watch as a while looks very decent, elegant. It is a proper, "manly", watch.

The stainless steel case finish is good enough, but not much more. Edges are not chamfered enough, and a bit "sharp". The brushed finish is a bit coarse. For me, a slightly finer one would have looked better. I would say that the finishing level is slightly worse than the MDV-106. Mine came with a very small scuff. I guess the seller is to blame and not Casio.

The lug width is 22mm. The lugs are shorter than the ones on the MDV-106. This makes the watch site a bit "higher" on the wrist, and makes NATO straps look a bit more bulky.

The watch comes with a white resin band. It is pretty hideous IMO. It does not fit such a watch, and the first thing I did was to change it to leather strap.

The lume ... sucks.

Summary:
  • Looks decent, "expensive", masculine
  • Bi-directional rotating bezel that looks great
  • Colour scheme is versatile
  • Both sporty-and-elegant
  • Moderately priced
  • Chronograph function (although just up to one hour)

• Finishing could have been a bit better
  • Lugs are a bit short, that's not great for NATO straps
  • Comes with a horrible strap that has to be replaced. Looks good on a leather strap

Overall, I'm pretty pleased with the watch!

Watch Analog watch Watch accessory Wrist Strap
Watch Analog watch Watch accessory Strap Wrist
Analog watch Watch Watch accessory Strap Brown
Analog watch Watch Watch accessory Strap Fashion accessory

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello.

I recently bought a Casio AMW 380 from eBay. The watch itself went for $56, and I paid $15 more for the shipping. I think that this price is pretty moderate for such a watch. The Casio AMW380 is a newer version (or variation) of the classic AMW330. I have the watch for around two weeks, and want to share my impressions so far.

The watch sports a chronograph mechanism that comprised of 3 dials: a micro-seconds count dial, a seconds count dial, a minutes count dial. The chronograph functions is started by the upper right button, while the lower right button controls the "lap" mode and resets the chronograph. Other than that, it has a rotation bi-directional bezel that has 360 degrees marks on it, when the 0 mark shows "North" (N). Unlike proper dive watches, and regardless this is a "dive-styled" watch, this bezel is probably "meant to" help find the north (of course it's mainly for the looks). It has a small date complication of the right side (3 hours mark) of the watch. The crown is a normal crown, not a screw-down one. The watch rates as a 100 meters water resistant.

As for the looks, the dial is ivory coloured. It is officially "white", but has a greyish/silverish tint. The hours indices are applied, and look great. The bezel insert is black, on top of the metallic bezel. In my opinion, the watch is just beautiful. The dial, while having the chronograph and date complications, is still pretty simple and elegant. The watch as a while looks very decent, elegant. It is a proper, "manly", watch.

The stainless steel case finish is good enough, but not much more. Edges are not chamfered enough, and a bit "sharp". The brushed finish is a bit coarse. For me, a slightly finer one would have looked better. I would say that the finishing level is slightly worse than the MDV-106. Mine came with a very small scuff. I guess the seller is to blame and not Casio.

The lug width is 22mm. The lugs are shorter than the ones on the MDV-106. This makes the watch site a bit "higher" on the wrist, and makes NATO straps look a bit more bulky.

The watch comes with a white resin band. It is pretty hideous IMO. It does not fit such a watch, and the first thing I did was to change it to leather strap.

The lume ... sucks.

Summary:
  • Looks decent, "expensive", masculine
  • Bi-directional rotating bezel that looks great
  • Colour scheme is versatile
  • Both sporty-and-elegant
  • Moderately priced
  • Chronograph function (although just up to one hour)

• Finishing could have been a bit better
  • Lugs are a bit short, that's not great for NATO straps
  • Comes with a horrible strap that has to be replaced. Looks good on a leather strap
Overall, I'm pretty pleased with the watch!

View attachment 12773777 View attachment 12773781 View attachment 12773779 View attachment 12773783
Hi, I am interested in getting the white watch watchband you removed from the watch ... please let me know how we can best do this. I'm in Texas ... please call or text me 512.677.0936 ...
Thanks so much,
Mark

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.