WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 1988 Casio AQW-5 that I fgound in my draw the other day, I have got it up and running with new battery but the hands and digital display are not the same. Any ideas how I can sync them?
Thank you

·
Moderator G-Shock Forum
6,319 Posts
that should be the right top recessed button.
If you press that button the movement will move forward and you can hand sync it with the digital time. :)

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
that should be the right top recessed button.
If you press that button the movement will move forward and you can hand sync it with the digital time. :)
Thank you, it moved and now stopped so may be a problem with the button will have a look and see what I can do.

Rocket1991, thank you. I could not find one on Casio using either 308 code or AQW its probably too old like me :)

·
Registered
3,075 Posts
Thank you, it moved and now stopped so may be a problem with the button will have a look and see what I can do.

Rocket1991, thank you. I could not find one on Casio using either 308 code or AQW its probably too old like me :)
U sure it’s 308 not 380? Here’s 380 manual I found. It was meant for G-Shock AW-500 but layout seems same as yours.

You may also try this site for vintage model manuals. It also has a 308 manual but seems to be without digital window, so I’m not sure.

Update: check 303 or 305 manual, seems closer to yours.

·
Premium Member
3,637 Posts
U sure it’s 308 not 380? Here’s 380 manual I found. It was meant for G-Shock AW-500 but layout seems same as yours.

You may also try this site for vintage model manuals. It also has a 308 manual but seems to be without digital window, so I’m not sure.

Update: check 303 or 305 manual, seems closer to yours.
I found that if you search for 308 it brings up other models that use that module, and they are ana/digi watches.

When you search for one of those model's manual, rather than a 308 manual, they do mention using the top right button to move the hands.

·
Registered
3,075 Posts
I found that if you search for 308 it brings up other models that use that module, and they are ana/digi watches.

When you search for one of those model's manual, rather than a 308 manual, they do mention using the top right button to move the hands.
My old AW-500 has similar layout of ana-digi. And it used too right button to move analog minute hand, that’s the only way to sync analog to digital display, no automatic sync.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts