WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
8,134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Casio Co-Founder and Chairman Kazuo Kashio: 1929-2018 G-Shock, News

Kazuo Kashio, co-founder, former president, and chairman of Casio Computer Co., passed away on June 18, 2018 at the age of 89. He is survived by his wife Soko, two daughters, and son.

Kazuo Kashio was one of four brothers who founded Casio Computer Co. in 1957. He succeeded his older brother Tadao as the third president of Casio in 1988 and was succeeded by his son Kazuhiro in 2015. Kashio is credited with making the pocket calculator an everyday product through the Casio Mini. Kashio also helped to popularize the G-Shock line of rugged wristwatches which made its debut in 1983 and shipped 100 million watches by August 2017.

Kashio’s motto was that a company must keep reinventing itself and pursue “continual change” to survive.

“By breaking free from preconceptions and conventional notions, we have conceived products that are truly needed and used our digital technologies to make them a reality,” he said in one of his messages as chairman on the company website. “Products based on new ideas create new markets.”

The innovation and growth we see in G-Shock and other Casio products are a testament to his beliefs.

Source: abcnews.go.com

From G-Central: https://www.g-central.com/casio-co-founder-and-chairman-kazuo-kashio-1929-2018/

·
Premium Member
9,011 Posts
May he Rest In Peace. He was the same age as my Dad would have been this year....

·
Registered
8,134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
May he Rest In Peace. He was the same age as my Dad would have been this year....
My dad would have been 87 this year.

We can thank the Kashio brothers for founding what would become an international powerhouse of a company. So many cool products over the years, including calculators and of course watches.

·
Registered
5,670 Posts
RIP to the Godfather of G.

·
Registered
8,371 Posts
thats such sad news ): but what a legacy to leave.

[h=1]

Kashio’s motto was that a company must keep reinventing itself and pursue “continual change” to survive.

“By breaking free from preconceptions and conventional notions, we have conceived products that are truly needed and used our digital technologies to make them a reality,” he said in one of his messages as chairman on the company website. “Products based on new ideas create new markets.”

The innovation and growth we see in G-Shock and other Casio products are a testament to his beliefs.
thought id specially quote this bit for those that think casio shouldve stuck with making only low end 5600s and the like :p

·
Registered
5,670 Posts
thought id specially quote this bit for those that think casio shouldve stuck with making only low end 5600s and the like :p
So what you're saying is that Mr. Kashio had pieces like this in mind :-d:

·
Registered
4,028 Posts
G-Shock was better when he was running it. once his son took over in 2015 it became more about high end stuff etc, the mudmasters, G-Steels, MRGs etc..

sad news.
RIP

·
Registered
4,610 Posts
RIP Sir.
Exec who oversaw a company founded in 1974 (my source of info)
that has sold 100,000,000 watches. Including 36,000,000 GShocks
in 35 years.
I doubt Rolex gives a hoot that Casio has sold this many pieces to
their customers. Eat yer hear out Hi End brands!!!

I have 8 Casios. SIL Mark has 11.

X Traindriver Art

·
Registered
10,478 Posts
Wish my Dad had managed to live until he was 89 too.
He died, two years ago, at 79.

Reactions: Time4Playnow
1 - 20 of 24 Posts