WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

What do you guys think about this watch? Is it good for all purpose?

Any photos for viewing?

Regards,

Tommy

·
Registered
29,512 Posts
If you want the tidegraph and moon phase features, it's a very fine watch.

It also benefits from a 24-hour countdown timer, and five alarms (including the facility to set an alarm by date).

The manual is attached.

Attachments

·
Registered
577 Posts
It also has tough solar, which is lacking in the new Gulfmans that have tidegraph and moonphase. Plus it's a great looking watch.

·
Registered
922 Posts
It's my favorite of my 3, a Raysman, 25th Froggie, and my 9700. Been through hell and back. Just replaced the bezel after 7 years. Bands about 2 years ago. I was a daily beater for about 6 years. Get it.

·
G-Shock Mod
13,949 Posts
i think its the best of all fisher/gulfman so far (for reason already listed above)

its light and comfortable too

·
Registered
922 Posts
Ha ha, Bajachild is the Ambasador of the DW-9700:-!

Cheers,

Sjors

thanks, sjors,

i bought my dad a 9700 because he boats as much as i do. i think it will come in handy for him, too. he's off for the Oregon coast to do some salmon fishing. hope it works for him to monitor the tides and the moon phases (2 of the most important elements of sport fishing). Mike:)

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hi,

Thanks for the opinions. for sure I will get a DW-9700 if I manage to find it in Malaysia.

Last nite i went to a watch shop in my area, they sell DW-8600(fisherman) I.C.E.R.C version and normal version, Riseman as well. So, I asked them whether they have DW-9700 or not, but need to ask the distributor. Will call me back this morning. A bit worry about the price. I think it will more than my budget.

If it is over my budget, I am thinking to choose Protrek PRS-500T. What do you guys think?

But I got a question over here, can I change the setting for all the preset points in multi-time mode to other places in Dw-9700?

One more worry is the replacement part if spoilt for DW-9700. Anybody experience this before?

Regards,

Tommy

1 - 8 of 8 Posts