WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I couldn't find a forum for Edifice or Waveceptor... I wondered if there was a list of Casio Edifice watches that are also Waveceptors? Every time I find one online it seems t take me to a UK seller who can ship to the USA. I am English but am based in the USA for a while and thought I might get a better deal out here on these watches.

Also it seems quite difficult to obtain an actual list of Casio's that are both Waveceptors and Edifices! Anyone got a link?

Thanks,

Jim

·
Registered
281 Posts
I don't have a link but I believe that the Casios that are both Edifice and Waveceptor all have model numbers beginning with EQW, e.g. EQW-M1000DB-1A, so if you google "Casio EQW" you should get quite a few hits.

·
Registered
4,877 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
When I bought my waveceptor, yes it was one word back then, it cost me less than $50 U.S. After seeing this post I did a quick search for Casio Wave Ceptor and was able to find a half dozen or so Edifice Wave Ceptor models. . . then I saw the prices. . . then I picked myself up off the floor! Does anyone actually have one of these? Casio must have really stepped up it's game!!

·
Registered
4,877 Posts
When I bought my waveceptor, yes it was one word back then, it cost me less than $50 U.S. After seeing this post I did a quick search for Casio Wave Ceptor and was able to find a half dozen or so Edifice Wave Ceptor models. . . then I saw the prices. . . then I picked myself up off the floor! Does anyone actually have one of these? Casio must have really stepped up it's game!!
The analog Edifice wave ceptors need special motors to reset the hands, and that adds a bit to the cost and complexity compared to digital movements.

I have one of the first G-SHOCK wave ceptors, Casio GW300A-1V. As I remember, it was pretty cheap at Costco ($39.95?). It still works great, but the battery only charges (solar) to
"MID". It never seems to dip into LOW, so it's not worth the hassle and expense to replace the battery until it becomes a problem.

Here is the cheapest new waveceptor I know of.

Casio wave ceptor WV200A-1AV $30

It's not solar, but what do you want for $30?

I guess all Casio digitals are set to 10:58:50 PM, June 30th for some reason. A little different from the 10:08 or 10:10 for analog watch pics.

SOLVED: http://mygshock.com/wiki/Trivia#Why_do_all_Casio_promotional_photos_show_10:58_as_the_time.3F

·
Registered
36,285 Posts
OCW are Wave ceptor as well:

Got a deep discount on this with free EMS fast shipping (5 days) no duty and no tax from Chino in Tokyo. OCW-S100-1 is titanium, sapphire, solar, atomic, perpetual calendar, 30 time zones.

The Casio forum f17 has the folks who know what is up with the Edifice and all other Casio lines:

Casio G-Shock

Suggest you post your inquiry there.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts